Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Real Special Operations  (Read 1415 times)

Homefry31464

Real Special Operations
« on: 17 Feb 2003, 03:44:22 »
It would be nice if there were some missions where you don't go around and blow everything up. In the Corp, most missions I went on were Recon (hence the name). Most of the time, it was just intel gathering. I guess you need some shooting to keep it intresting. Maybe some good infiltration missions when you have to get in unnoticed and plant bugs. Maybe a SERE mission, or Search and Rescue, where you have to find a downed pilot. If you need information on units or tactics involved, I could help. I'm just not to good at making good missions that run well.

Or you could base it on a Operation that actually happened, like Operation Urgent Fury. I think those missions are the most intresting.

P.S. Is there a way to plant a type of bug, and use a command to simulate a camera?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Real Special Operations
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2003, 03:49:32 »
Wolf gots wat u searching ;)

check da next threads in da beta testing boards ;D

Ghost In The Night - planitng bugs u said ? ;)

Snipers Wanted PT.5 - Recon u said ?

and m gonna make mision were dere is part of infeltrition and stealing Docs ;D (not loose if u detected but will b lots harder ;) ;D)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Homefry31464

Re:thanks
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2003, 04:08:47 »
those missions are pretty cool. Some things SF wouldn't do, but it is a game. They were fun anyway. i guess i should tell them, not you LCD. thanks though. I got another idea, recapture an airbase, like Just Cause. probably been done before. Are there any arctic spec ops missions? My specialty was Arctic Operations, but if haven't been able to locate any.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2003, 15:32:18 »
Why not make one yourself?      There are arctic versions of Kolguchev and Everon, and an arctic soldier pack .... don't know if anybody has done an arctic special ops skin though.

You don't need fancy scripting to make a good mission .... a good story is the most important thing.    And there's plenty of people on this site who will help you if you get stuck. ;)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Bronski

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2003, 16:02:49 »
I was thinking about making a mission with the new BAS Rangers where they have to take an airport.  It may also include the rescue of a downed pilot that was involved in the assault.

I just thought this up a few minutes ago so i don't have any of the details worked out.

Phantom

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2003, 15:23:30 »
SERE, Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape, this isn't a mission, it's the Navy SEAL and Green Beret interrogation training acronym, and you could never capture the reality of SERE training, captiva island florida i think it is

Josef

« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2003, 14:45:34 »
There is Winter BlackOps in the Winter pack...

Too bad BAS don have any...

Guess ill make it speznaz...