Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Frenchpoint !  (Read 7995 times)

bigsouth1981

Re:Operation Frenchpoint !
« Reply #30 on: 21 Feb 2003, 20:13:08 »
Youre right man,.....ive come to see the error of my ways, id like to shake your hand if you would only get down from your high horse you prick.

Offline WhisperOFP

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: 22 Feb 2003, 00:00:24 »
Hi all,
Just to answer a few questions :
- next addon should be Air units (Gazelle and Puma), we are on the final stage (I hope no big issue will appear).
- Several issues have been seen on the current released addon:
   * Texture issue from behind, non existent texture.
   * no group definition
   * burst mode sound of FAMAS is weak
I'm sure I forget some other problems, but these are the main reported. We are working on it for a fix.

About the polygons issue, we had (and I am part of it) some members with low performance PCs, and which were used as "minimum spec required". This made us tune down the number of polygons. We hope that the addons will be playable on any PC able to run OFP Resistance.

Whisper

Offline uiox

• Contributing Member
« Reply #32 on: 22 Feb 2003, 01:48:17 »
La Whisp' tu me troues le fion

I agree with Whisper, right man, good very good, wonderfull, great, yahouuuuuuuuuu!

;D

PFC_Mike

« Reply #33 on: 22 Feb 2003, 06:07:30 »
i thought that the lod used was based on the graphical quality setting? For example, if you set it low, it might use LOD 3 for LOD 1?

Orion8th

« Reply #34 on: 22 Feb 2003, 07:42:40 »
Youre right man,.....ive come to see the error of my ways, id like to shake your hand if you would only get down from your high horse you prick.

Hmmm......must have hit a nerve there.

They warned you once. I did not curse at you but you obviously show your maturity here with a follow up comment like this.

Have a nice day. ;)

Bibmi

« Reply #35 on: 22 Feb 2003, 08:59:08 »
I am sorely tempted to lock this topic...but not because of bigsouth1981's comments...stop provoking him, and ignore his comments let the moderators deal with him...stick to the topic...the more nationalities represented in the game the better, it adds to its richness....

Orion8th

« Reply #36 on: 22 Feb 2003, 09:50:47 »
ACK.

My apologies to all.

Offline WhisperOFP

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: 22 Feb 2003, 11:23:27 »
Another issue I forgot to mention, is the face for patrol officier, which is always the same.
Any other report is welcome :)

Whis'

BipBip

« Reply #38 on: 22 Feb 2003, 11:31:18 »
ACK, Bibmi

mr. Duck

« Reply #39 on: 22 Feb 2003, 23:37:54 »
Say, when you talked about the low-end beta testers (right?), what is their configuration? I have a PIII450 with 64mb and voodoo3 16mb (now that's really low end), perhaps I can help you out with very-low-end testing?   ;D
Just offering help.   :)

BipBip

« Reply #40 on: 23 Feb 2003, 13:44:46 »
Hi all !

To go forward with Whisper's post, (you did here had the info first on which addons would be next released), here are some official pics of the 1st release of the AIR adon :

Here is the Gazelle :

And here is the Puma transport chopper :

BipBip

« Reply #41 on: 23 Feb 2003, 14:04:08 »
Concerning the French Army for OFP, here is some background info on what's going on now :

First, you probably all know that the French Army was for a long time very few presented in OFP :(
The first addon was a RAN Legion addon in '85 "camo" (all khaki green)
Then some other arrived, including a very good addon from Ayorros (FF Infantry). Ayorros is now the modder who makes the Infantry addons for OFrP.
The OFrP MOD began long before the site was put online. Their aim was to make a substantial work before making people dream about it, to avoid the "Invasion'44 effect" (a lot of announcement without any DL)  :-\ .

During this time where OFrP was working covertly, two another French MODs emerged :

French Army MOD http://membres.lycos.fr/modofp/

with a lot of work on the Felin (France future's soldier)

and also a VLRA (command car)

among several other works in progress :)

Foreign Legion for OFP (from Horrido) http://pigeonh.free.fr/OFP_Legion/OFP_Legion

I know you all are interrested very much in the French Foreign Legion, the work made there is also very high quality, look at this :

Now those three MODs are working together to gain time, while avoiding making the same units/vehicles twice. This should also allow us to have various french units, and some that could have not been considered as a priority by each MOD separately.  :D

For the sites, OFrP is now nearly entirely available in English and the Legion Site is only in English. Unfortunately, the French Army MOD is still only in French, while I can tranlsate some news if you want to know them !  8)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #42 on: 23 Feb 2003, 18:40:36 »
Mucho nice stuff, but consider linking to the images instead of posting them.
It's not a problem for me on 512kbit, but some of the 56k:ers might appriciate links to click instead of waiting half the night to load the thread ;D

Again, mucho nice stuff.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

BipBip

« Reply #43 on: 23 Feb 2003, 22:10:08 »
roger, KTottE

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #44 on: 25 Feb 2003, 15:30:27 »
Great looking addons

Only thing I'd like to point out is that it's a pity they are one the resistance side. They'd be better off on the west side along with the other european addons (BW_Mod, UK_Forces and OWN).

Looking forward to your next release  :)
In memory of Police Chief Inspector Arne Sigve Klungland 1950 - 2004
Killed in the line of duty 5. April 2004

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/