Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Frenchpoint !  (Read 7997 times)

BipBip

Re:Operation Frenchpoint !
« Reply #15 on: 20 Feb 2003, 18:39:15 »
well, as an American, it is my patriotic duty to hate France and all things French... ;D
But I downloaded 'em anyway. And they are my second-favorite units behind BAS woodland deltas+rangers.

very nice, central euro pattern is one of my favorites. I have several suggestions for a future version though. First, get some better sounds, particularily for the MINIMI. It sounds so...gamey. Also, perhaps a few more polys could be expended on improving the helmet? There is that slight LOD issue that has already been mentioned, and it affected my GeForce 4200 too. Finally, please don't relase the second version of the pack without the VAB and some pistols for officers/drivers (?) and an action menu choice to lower goggles.

thanks guys.
you do great work for cheese-eating surrender monkeys. ( i couldn't resist, it's from the simpsons)

For your partiotic duty, don't worry, I won't tell anybody that you talked to me ;)

For the VAB, it will not be issued in the first version of the "Armored Addon". The first version will only feature the AMX Leclerc. So the drivers should be delivered with the Leclerc. For the handgun, it should be released quite soon, in an update of the weapons addon.
For the helmet, well what did you found out about it ?

As I stated before, the next addon will be either the armored (AMX Leclerc) or air (Gazelle light gunship and Puma transport chopper), depending on the work progress of each addon.

STEELE

« Reply #16 on: 20 Feb 2003, 20:00:57 »
Why is everyone so intent on bagging out the French ???
Show abit of maturity & respect guys >:(
Dose everyone forget the bravery of the French resistance  or the fact that the Germans steamrolled over several other countries before invading France @ least their going to the trouble of  making good quality addons for the community :thumbsup:

BipBip

« Reply #17 on: 20 Feb 2003, 20:46:17 »
There is no problem, Steele ! ;)

PFC_Mike was just joking, and the "Fromage qui pue" stuff was created by the "Guignols de l'info" (would be "News Dummies" in english), a french group who do satiric stuff on one of our TV channels.

In fact, "Fromage qui pue" (smelly cheeses) is the nickname used by americans to call the frenchs in this satiric stuff ;)

Please also be advised most of us know that the "anti-french" campaign was called by M. Bush and M. Murdock via his media (NY Telegraph, FOXNews...), we do know that american are only "hating" us for 3 weeks, after a media campaign began... ;)

BipBip

« Reply #18 on: 20 Feb 2003, 20:50:19 »
Your french troops look very good, model wise, but where are there white flags and standard issue brown underpants?

Have any units been armed with cheese, wine and fireworks, or is this only when allowing germany to prance through towards england?

Who the f**k wants french troops?  ???

Au revoir

You seem to be a very smart guy !!

If you don't want French troops, that's your right, I never forced you to download them... Please open a book, only once to see what it looks like ;)
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2003, 20:52:55 by BipBip »

mr. Duck

« Reply #19 on: 21 Feb 2003, 00:47:40 »
Well I like em and I'm not French  ;D (I know, I know, I kiss ass ;D)
Ahem... Anyhow. I suggest you guys bring out the air pack so that the troops have some transportation plus some support (gazelle). One thing though. Too bad you guys put them under the resistance side, cause most of the time I play against resistance troops (trying to simulate serbs or something like that).  :(

PFC_Mike

« Reply #20 on: 21 Feb 2003, 02:15:21 »
about the helmets, three things. First, the models seem very angular from certain perspectives. Perhaps you could up the polycount? Second, helmets rarely stop rifle bullets -especially when the round goes in the face, not the helmet. Third, what is this? (see attachment)

Looking forward to the next release, where I hope you'll include positionable googles on the helmets.

Mike

bigsouth1981

« Reply #21 on: 21 Feb 2003, 03:50:16 »
I am a soldier in the british army, and i have a world of respect for the german army , more so than the french, what a bunch of <edited>. I am studying  "two sides of hell" by vince bramley,  for my degree, and you french <edited> sold  excorcet missiles, willy nilly to the argentine  army...................<edited>

********Profanity edited out by SelectThis***********
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2003, 04:58:30 by SelectThis »

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 21 Feb 2003, 04:57:10 »
bigsouth1981

I would suggest you refrain from that type of langauge. COnsider this a warning.

SelectThis
Addon Forum Moderator

viper172

« Reply #23 on: 21 Feb 2003, 06:37:09 »
anyway i'm french and i kind of hate earing pple saying stuff like that on a site that is dedicated to a game not political stuff. you don't like french troops don't download them but don't come here and start talking s**t that's very immature

back to topic then i love your troops man and i can't wait
for other units ;D

Bronski

« Reply #24 on: 21 Feb 2003, 07:23:51 »
I really like the troops.  I just hope there are more addons released soon.  Need a few more things to have proper missions.  Can't wait for the helo's.

Also, what would be some good sites to learn about French equipment and other info about the French military?  Preferably in english.
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2003, 21:02:51 by Bronski »

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #25 on: 21 Feb 2003, 11:41:40 »
If I find only one person continue the off topic political discussion in this thread, it will be locked. I'm sick of the inabiltiy of some people to keep their political believes for themselves in an OFP editing discussion. Why do you think we have POLWAR?

And, bigsouth1981,  there is no place for the immature state of mind you showed in this thread in this forum. I'd suggest to grow up before you post crap like that again.

Offline uiox

• Contributing Member
« Reply #26 on: 21 Feb 2003, 12:46:17 »

BipBip

« Reply #27 on: 21 Feb 2003, 18:04:37 »
Third, what is this? (see attachment)

Where it is ? For the other issues, I forward to the main base ;)

If I find only one person continue the off topic political discussion in this thread, it will be locked. I'm sick of the inabiltiy of some people to keep their political believes for themselves in an OFP editing discussion. Why do you think we have POLWAR?

PLEASE consider this warning ! I certainly don't want this thread to be locked.

bigsouth1981

« Reply #28 on: 21 Feb 2003, 19:43:26 »
hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm.....must of hit a nerve there.

Orion8th

« Reply #29 on: 21 Feb 2003, 20:09:02 »
Ridiculous......absolutely ridiculous.

Big south, you should re-think posting your "feelings" about another members country before you do. Let me re-phrase, ANYONE who has BS to say about another country that is critical....keep it to a OT forum.

The man is trying to promote his fine work and you pop yer head in here and read him the riot act about somthing he had nothing to do with.

Look at this this way, You crticize one american and you criticize us all......

Same goes for every other country in this world, for we are all human.

Grow up and think about what you are writing before you hit submit.

Thanks and please keep this thread open.

Orion8th
CHICAGO, USA