Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Firelord problems  (Read 1083 times)

ARVN Marvin

Operation Firelord problems
« on: 10 Feb 2003, 13:46:22 »
Hello All, (sorry for the long post!!)

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
I had downloaded the first version of Operation Firelord a while ago but never played it (no idea why!!) and since then I've reformatted and reinstalled OFP. I was going to recapture all my addons and missions since I didn't back them up. The first mission I downloaded was Firelord (newest version).
Went to play it the other night - extracted EditorUpgrade to my addons folder, then extracted the mission to my Missions folder.
Started the mission and I was in total awe but when I got to the breifing screen I received an error: "cannot load mission, missing addon EditorUpgrade"
Since I'm up to v1.90 I verified that the EditorUpgrade was located in both my base Addons folder and my Resistance AddOns folder. Double checked the TXT file within the mission zip and I believe I extracted the files properly. Removed everything and started again. Same result.
Please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!
This mission KIX AZZ until the briefing screen anyway!! :D
BTW - I tried to play the mission anyway and when I'm prompted to "get in the car" I do but the other dudes just run down the street talking to me. I'm assuming they are supposed to get in the car and drive me somewhere?
Thanks again!!!

Anmac

Re:Operation Firelord problems
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2003, 03:19:23 »

It's most likely the different versions of the editor upgrade causing the problem.

Mission made with 1.02
Current version is 1.11

;)

ARVN Marvin

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2003, 13:17:45 »
The only version of Editor Upgrade I had was v1.02.
It was included in the Zip and I downloaded v1.02 as well. Honestly, I couldn't find v1.11

Anmac

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2003, 05:31:02 »

The file name of v1.11 is still "editorupdate 102.pbo".

;)