Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Community intrest?  (Read 1132 times)

Hornet-FTDOR

Community intrest?
« on: 04 Feb 2003, 08:44:30 »
Hey all

My name is Hornet and I represent a half formed mod team looking for an engine to base our MOD in.

The mod in question is FTDOR, a fallout bassed post nuclear war TC. What I am here inquireing about is community intrest in such a mod, and if any modders (of all talents) would be intrested in working such a mod.

Thanks!

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
Re:Community intrest?
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2003, 10:24:32 »
Welcome to the forums, Hornet

I'd just like to point out that we have some rather strict rules on these forums about projects and recruiting.

If you are looking to recruit, I suggest you check out the Training Depot section of this site. Trying to recruit on the forums is a quick way to get your thread locked ;)

This is probably on the boundaries of what is considered off topic, but I'm going to abuse my powers and throw this thread over to mission ideas.

I suggest you post a bit more information about your mod, as many will not be familiar with the FT universe. This board is for throwing mission ideas around, and I think you'll find you'll get some good input on your project

Good Luck for your mod... :)
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2003, 10:32:45 by Sui »

Hornet-FTDOR

« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2003, 12:23:40 »
hmm my apologies

As for recruiting, We are still in the process of picking an engine, so thats quite a fair way off, as I quite doubt anyone would want to join a mod team only to have it switch away from there game of preference.

As for the mod..

Well, while we cannot say this is part of the fallout series (copyright, fanatical fans...) were going to try to make it play like it is. While we will include coop multiplayer, we are going to focus mainly on Single Player.

It starts out with you at your local sh*thole Byron, a small village in the wastelands. You and your brother and some local rabble are sent to collect supplies from the Brotherhood. This being said, the brotherhood holds you and your people in very low respect, and considers you mere tribal's form the wastelands, only worth the effort for the able-bodied recruits they supply.

Once you depart the village, this being the wasteland,  raiders descend regularly on your convoy to attempt to steal whatever they can. The game itself starts out with you at the brotherhood base after warding off several Raider attacks. What happens past here is a spoiler and I cannot reveal just yet;)

There will be several races and sides, including Super mutants, Ghouls, Robots, beasts, and last and maybe (not..) least, Regular home brand Humans. The scope of weapons range from WWI to distance future, with at least 150 weapons to be included in this TC.

That pretty much sums up the MOD for the time being, If we do decide to go with this engine, we shall let you know some more details ect.

Thanks
Hornet

Hornet-FTDOR

« Reply #3 on: 07 Feb 2003, 08:01:52 »
heh lots of intrest here. Ok, moveing right along, next engine....