Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "knowsabout" givin me a heap of trouble  (Read 506 times)

Nevres

"knowsabout" givin me a heap of trouble
« on: 29 Jan 2003, 23:06:47 »
im having a bit of trouble with the knowsabout command. i had it in a mission before resistance and it worked, now i installed resistance and it wont work here are the details

before resistance i had a waypoint and in its condition field i wrote
unit knowsabout scud2 > 1; this meant that when unit knew about scud2 just enough, it would make the waypoint true.

now in resistance, the vehicles that were waiting for the condition on the waypoint to become true, just go at the beginning of the mission, they dont wait for the condition, they just go and stop there at the waypoint and since im "unit" i can get into the scud2 and the vehicles just stay there.

now, am i doing somethig wrong, or did the command for knowsabout changed?  any help would be appreciated

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:"knowsabout" givin me a heap of trouble
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2003, 23:09:43 »
try & connect (F5, drag a blue line) the WP with a trigger which has the "knowabout" condition  :-*

PS. make the trigger a "switch" type, dont need any radius, just the condition

PPS, and U can change the WP from type: MOVE to type: HOLD  :)
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2003, 23:10:36 by Tomb »

Nevres

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2003, 00:14:03 »
i tried it and it doesnt work either, i placed the OFP cd, played the mission witout resistance and it worked, i put resistance in and it doesnt work, help is appreciated thanks

TerranAce007

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2003, 23:21:58 »
Replace the knowsabout with a unitname lockwp true.

Create a trigger with the knowsabout condition, then in the activation field, put unitname lockwp false.

When the unit reaches lockep wp, he should wait there until the trigger unlocks his next wp.