Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Exported MP mission isn't the same than SP. How does it come?  (Read 1520 times)

AWS357

Most of the features I've put on my soldiers using the init field have disappeared in the exported MP mission.

For example, I have a black ops with flares.

It works well in preview.

And then when exported, it doesn't have any  ???

Stix

Re:Exported MP mission isn't the same than SP. How does it come?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2003, 00:26:43 »
details would help....

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2003, 14:16:41 »
Init fields are not reliable in MP. Try to use the init.sqs file.

If that would be the soldier's init field:

this AddMagazine "Flare"

The corresponding line in the init.sqs script would be

SoldierName AddMagazine "Flare"

If you don't have an init.sqs file, create an empty text file in the mission folder and name it "init.sqs"

AWS357

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2003, 21:37:18 »
Thanks for the hint, but I may have forgotten to mention I am a grade Z newbie.

I created a init.sqs file in the /user/username/missions/missionname.eden folder near the missionname.sqm.
Is it the right folder?

And here is what I pasted in: (bop is the value in name field)
bop removemagazine "pipebomb";bop removemagazine "hk";bop removemagazine "pipebomb";bop removemagazine "pipebomb";bop removemagazine "hk";bop removemagazine "hk";bop removemagazine "hk";bop removeweapon "hk";bop addweapon "lawlauncher";bop addmagazine "lawlauncher";bop addmagazine "lawlauncher";bop addmagazine "lawlauncher";bop addweapon "g36a";bop addmagazine "g36amag";bop addmagazine "g36amag";bop addweapon "flaregreen";bop addmagazine "flaregreen";bop addweapon "flarered"; bop addmagazine "flarered"

I know this seems big just to remove a HK and Satchels but this was the only solution proposed...

When I launch myself in the MP mission as "bop", all "bop" has is the G36 with 3 clips, and the LAW but no flares allthough I have the addweapon and addmagazine for the flares.

Please help!

Offline Ranger

• Members
  • Hoo-ah!
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2003, 22:03:14 »
Try this instead.  In the initialization field of your unit, put the following code:

removeAllWeapons bop; bop addmagazine "lawlauncher";bop addmagazine "lawlauncher"; bop addmagazine "lawlauncher"; bop addweapon "lawlauncher"; bop addmagazine "g36amag"; bop addmagazine "g36amag"; bop addweapon "g36a"

That will save you a lot of typing.  Note that I switched the order so that the ammo is added before the weapon.  This makes the weapon begin loaded instead of forcing you to reload upon starting the mission.  Also note that using removeAllWeapons will remove the unit's night vision goggles, so you'll have to re-add them if you want to use them.

Secondly, flares are for grenade launchers, such as the M203, so that's why your unit does not have them.  Even if your unit did have an M203, note that flares are magazines, not weapons.
Ranger

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2003, 01:00:59 »
You could also use this script:

removeAllWeapons bop
"_x addMagazine ""G36AMag""" forEach [bop, bop]
"_x addMagazine ""LAWLauncher""" forEach [bop, bop, bop, bop]
bop addWeapon "G36A"
bop addWeapon "LAWLauncher"
bop addWeapon "NVGoggles"

This script adds a G36 with two mags and a LAW launcher with 4 laws. That it only adds 2 magazines and not 3 is because you have only 10 slots for ammo. A law uses 2 slots each and with 3 mags this would be 11 slots. OFP lets you add as many magazines as you want, even if you can't carry them. It's your responsibility as a mission maker that you don't exceed the limit when you add magazines to a unit. So you have to count the number of magazines added.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2003, 01:02:57 by Sefe »