Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: British aircraft  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
British aircraft
« on: 21 Jan 2003, 19:53:07 »
Since there seems to be a few British ground forces addons soon to be released (soon I hope :) ), we could do with some decent british airsupport.
Any chance some of these already released addons (Hawk and Tornado) could be retextured with Brit camo and markings?
In memory of Police Chief Inspector Arne Sigve Klungland 1950 - 2004
Killed in the line of duty 5. April 2004

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/

Britboy

Re:British aircraft
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2003, 21:03:57 »
The G8 mod did originally say they would do RAF and Luftwafe reskins, however that seems unlikely now.

I don't know why you would want a Hawk to be honest, it's a training aircraft, nothing more.

A Gazelle, as you can probably see, is being worked on, and the Project UK Forces team plan to work on a Lynx Attack Helicopter.

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2003, 22:03:40 »
I don't know why you would want a Hawk to be honest, it's a training aircraft, nothing more.
I'd settle for any brit fighters with AG weapons, and the Hawk does serves as an AG fighter in other countries.

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/

Britboy

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2003, 22:59:29 »
Yeah but if you're being realistic a British Hawk would never be used in any offensive role.

What colours would you propose it be? The standard RAF colours for the hawk being black and yellow.

Vyper

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2003, 23:15:39 »
Why not slap the red arrows scheme on it and test your OFP fligh fantastic skills!

Vyper

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2003, 09:35:41 »
I reckon the Harrier would be a great addition. I've heard that Falklands Mod has are working on a harrier which is capable of vertical takeoff and landing.

DeLiltMon

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2003, 09:54:29 »
If your going for AG how about the Jaguar? It can operate off roads too, I'm not sure whether there are any straight enough for long enough that are free of trees in OPF.

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2003, 16:10:55 »
If your going for AG how about the Jaguar? It can operate off roads too, I'm not sure whether there are any straight enough for long enough that are free of trees in OPF.
Ooh, yes please. As I said earlier, any descent RAF goundsupport fighters will do. Maybe an RAF Herc too, to go with Project UK's upcoming Paras.

BTW DeLiltMon, great work on the Landy. Any chance of some arctic ones?

Anyone know what happened to The Royal Forces Mod? Haven't seen any updates there for ages.

Ash

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jan 2003, 16:19:50 »
Royal Forces is dead I think.. Their leader (NZXShadows - he reskinned the Chinook with RAF decals) joined the Falklands Mod for a brief while..

Last I heard he joined the US Army..

DeLiltMon

« Reply #9 on: 22 Jan 2003, 16:50:53 »
Ooh, yes please. As I said earlier, any descent RAF goundsupport fighters will do. Maybe an RAF Herc too, to go with Project UK's upcoming Paras.

BTW DeLiltMon, great work on the Landy. Any chance of some arctic ones?

Anyone know what happened to The Royal Forces Mod? Haven't seen any updates there for ages.

Thanks, I suppose it all depends on whether we will be doing artic camo for the troops  :-\ There'll be desert version definately.
There is a re-skin of Capt Morre's herc, I think it was Raiden who did it.

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 22 Jan 2003, 17:15:40 »
Thanks, I suppose it all depends on whether we will be doing artic camo for the troops  :-\ There'll be desert version definately.
There is a re-skin of Capt Morre's herc, I think it was Raiden who did it.
I hope there will be artic troops too. The artic warfare RMC's play an important role in defending NATO's northern flank (Norway), and it would be nice to make a few missions with them fighting alongside Vikings Norwegian troops to stop the "Evil Red Menace" from invading. :)

BTW Where do I find this reskinned Herc?

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #11 on: 22 Jan 2003, 17:55:04 »

::)

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 22 Jan 2003, 18:21:04 »
The RAF Hawk is also seen in Air Defence Gray.  Remember guys, in war those bright colours will soon dissappear.

It is like the bright orange WASP helicopter on HMS Endurance that they hurriedly sprayed black when they realised they would need it for actual action..

The terrain I am working on, at the time of the terrain was the base for 2 RAF Hawk Squadrons, 92 was one and I cant remmber the other squadron number number.

I do intend doing a repaint of Kegs Hawk, which I will need to check with Keg before its released, but this unfortunately takes 2nd place at the moment with the work I am carrying out on the Falklands Mod.

The G8 Tornado although has Italian markings is otherwise similiar in camoflage to the RAF Ground Attack Tornados, from a distance there is no differance.
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2003, 18:22:35 by CBFASI »
CBF Shipbuilding

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 22 Jan 2003, 18:25:02 »
Lookin good Vade  :D

The G8 Tornado although has Italian markings is otherwise similiar in camoflage to the RAF Ground Attack Tornados, from a distance there is no differance.

So all that needs to be done, is give it british markings + pilots, and we've got ourselves an RAF Tornado  :)
(With G8's permission of course)
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2003, 18:27:42 by Lt_Phoenix »

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #14 on: 22 Jan 2003, 18:46:13 »
also if you de-pbo the Tornado, the markings are "decals" .. if you had the original model it would be a very simple job....