Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Modern British Addons (inprogress)  (Read 20503 times)

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
Re:Modern British Addons (inprogress)
« Reply #45 on: 02 Sep 2002, 22:48:46 »
I would definately like to see a brew up mod ;D
You could implement a battle nerve system and go into cover for a cuppa to get some strength back for fighting.
you could also have a billy can for worm soups etc :D
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.

blath

« Reply #46 on: 02 Sep 2002, 22:53:05 »
tea? TEA???!

we dont have "tea" round here laddie! the action will have 2 say "Get a brew goin" or summat like that or u wont get ne takers

cud also have "Have a kefuddle" and this action calls all ur squad round 2 sit down and then u could use the "Get a brew goin" action

addon idea- a racing spoon (for gettin bits of every1s food wen they cook summat up) no real purpose except it makes everythin a little more british :D (altho apparently the spoons the sas got off the americans did make the ideal racing spoon so i guess it will always b them comin up wiv the technology)

Ash

« Reply #47 on: 03 Sep 2002, 14:14:45 »
I've just got back from Southport Airshow ;D and I've had some ideas for some great UK addons, like Harrier Gr.Mk.7's and, even though a utility version of the Lynx is under construction by the Falklands team (I think) a eight-tube TOW armed one would be pretty sweet. Surely a Harrier could work kinda like a fast heli, so it whips along but is still really agile and can hover (with autohover engaged)?

Oh, and they had a new heli called the Merlin there, kinda like a CH-53 Stallion with a UH-60 Blackhawk front section on it... really big and three-engined, so i guess it goeslike a flying truck on adrenachrome- great for OFP!!  :D

Anyone heard of this beaut? It's maybe a little bigger than a Sea King (I think) but nowhere near as big as a Chinook (again, I think). If I find a pic I'll post it.

I was also at the airshow on Sunday.. Was pretty damn good actually..

Best thing about it was the chance to see a Milan AT missile launcher (we are modelling it for the mod and we didn't have a front on view of it).

Good day was had by all...

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #48 on: 03 Sep 2002, 17:12:48 »
So can we have a list, from the different people who are makin Brit addons, so that we can have a rough idea of what we're gonna get in the not so distant future?  ;) Please.

P.S. Cplme - check your email

Ash

« Reply #49 on: 03 Sep 2002, 20:29:15 »
Ok...

Here's what British units we are making (some are finished) over at the Falklands Mod..

Air:

Sea Harrier
Harrier Gr3
C-130 Hercules
Possibly a Vulcan bomber
Puma Helicopter
Lynx Helicopter
Sea King Helicopter
Wessex Helicopter
Scout and Wasp helicopters
Gazelle Helicopter

Weapons:

L1A1 SLR
GPMG
Mk4 Bren
Sterling SMG (and silenced version)
Browning automatic handgun
Milan AT
Various Mortars

Artillery:

A few Field guns

Armoured/Transport:

Scorpion and Scimitar tanks
Samson
Land Rover

Sea:

HMS Invincible Carrier
a couple various types of destroyers
HMS Fearless and accompanying Landing craft
A few LSL's

I think that's as much as I can think of for the time being...  ;D

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #50 on: 03 Sep 2002, 21:14:47 »
The accompanying landing craft includes a rather simple mexeflote, if you have seen the real thing then you understand its simple anyway....
CBF Shipbuilding

Mr_Shady

« Reply #51 on: 04 Sep 2002, 00:03:11 »
I'd love to see the full range (or even a couple of) Scorpion variants. The full list is something like this:

Scorpion CVR(T) (76mm gun)
Scimitar CVR(T) (30mm RARDEN)
Striker (Swingfire AT Vehicle)
Sultan (Command Post)
Samaritan (Ambulance)
Samson (Repair Vehicle)
Spartan (APC)
Shielder (Mine Deployment Vehicle)
Stormer(?) (30mm RARDEN and Hughes Chaingun)
And the one with the 90mm Cockeril gun (made for the Malaysians, I think)

They pretty much cover every role in OFP, and are faster than a fast thing, just a shame they seem to explode when the come in contact with a fart....

Oh, and I'd love to see a...

CHEIFTAIN!!!

As I said before, my dad drove both the Scorp and Cheify, as well as being a pretty good gunner (Best Gunner Spring Term 1974... not sure if he was in the Junior Leaders or the 14/20th then), so i can get any info on markings, as well as feedback on how they perform. It'll keep him from telling me about the way of removing a Chieftain breech block on your own, anyway ;D

MadGav

« Reply #52 on: 04 Sep 2002, 02:53:50 »
Also:

Sabre: bastard offspring of a Scopion and Fox armoured car. Pretty similar to a Scimitar but with a lower profile turret.

Spartan (Milan variant) with 2 Milan tubes in launch positions.

Stormer (Starstreak HVM variant) with an 8 tube AA missile mount.
(http://www.army-technology.com/projects/starstreak/starstreak5.html)

Stormer 30 (Recon variant) with Bushmaster II 30mm cannon, 2 TOW tubes
(http://www.army-technology.com/projects/stormer30/index.html)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #53 on: 04 Sep 2002, 19:30:25 »
Yeah, thanx for the reply Ash  :D, the units MadGav is suggesting are great, because they are Missile launchers Milan -AT, Starstreak AA, with the missiles in the tube - which means that there's no Proxy missile problem  ;D

Anyone willing to make 'em?
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2002, 19:31:10 by DeadMeatXM2 »

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
« Reply #54 on: 05 Sep 2002, 11:58:34 »
Hi guys i am back sorry that I havnt been on latley there is no update on my bedford as I am having a few problems but they should be sorted out soon about my website will be updatd soon as I have a few things that will be added cheers cplme

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #55 on: 05 Sep 2002, 12:07:06 »
Nice to see your back Cplme, keep up the good work, I look forward to it ;)

---===OFF TOPIC===---

P.S. Did you you get my e-mail cplme?
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2002, 12:09:03 by DeadMeatXM2 »

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
« Reply #56 on: 05 Sep 2002, 15:50:39 »
I sure did I just cant remember what was in it ill check later bit busy at the moment so i see me topic has been very busy latley  a lot of stuff wanted.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #57 on: 05 Sep 2002, 19:08:30 »
I'm starting a new campaign, and was wondering if I could be necky and use some of these ace addons in it (if it gets made, I put some requests up in the training depot today though).

Ash, please don't take this as me being cheeky, but would it be at all possible to use your Gympi in my campaign? I'll even thank you and your team THREE time in the readme!!

If anyone want some info on my campaign, mail me, and if anyone wants to help, look for Hoffman's Luck in the Training Depot. It's half-based on a novel I'm finishing up, which itself subverts the original Flashpoint story and introduces a load of Brit squaddies to the equation (namely 2nd Battalion Royal Green Jackets, 2RGJ, and elements of the King's Royal Hussars, unless the 14/20th Hussars were still around in '85).

Ash

« Reply #58 on: 05 Sep 2002, 22:37:54 »
I'm starting a new campaign, and was wondering if I could be necky and use some of these ace addons in it (if it gets made, I put some requests up in the training depot today though).

Ash, please don't take this as me being cheeky, but would it be at all possible to use your Gympi in my campaign? I'll even thank you and your team THREE time in the readme!!

If anyone want some info on my campaign, mail me, and if anyone wants to help, look for Hoffman's Luck in the Training Depot. It's half-based on a novel I'm finishing up, which itself subverts the original Flashpoint story and introduces a load of Brit squaddies to the equation (namely 2nd Battalion Royal Green Jackets, 2RGJ, and elements of the King's Royal Hussars, unless the 14/20th Hussars were still around in '85).

Sorry m8.. But we are only releasing a few addons, and unfortunetly the GPMG aint one of them....  :-\

When the mod is finished however, you can apply to use them in your mod..  ;)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #59 on: 06 Sep 2002, 01:19:17 »
Okay, okay, I'll mention you and your team FIVE times, dammit!  ;D

Ah well... guess I'll have to hang fire then and try my luck with applying to use it. Thanks for the quick reply though, Ash.

BTW, does anyone know if the 14/20th Hussars were around in 85? And was the SA80 in use, or was the good old SLR still in? And does my bum look big in this? ???