Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Modern British Addons (inprogress)  (Read 20506 times)

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
Re:Modern British Addons (inprogress)
« Reply #30 on: 29 Aug 2002, 14:50:29 »
I remember something from the old forums about the wolf variant....
CBF Shipbuilding

FltSgt

« Reply #31 on: 29 Aug 2002, 14:58:19 »
Isn't that something DeLiltMon is working on?

DeLiltMon

« Reply #32 on: 29 Aug 2002, 19:04:58 »
Yup, I'm doing the standard Defender 110GS first, but it should be pretty easy to move the spare wheel and change the height of the roof to make it into a wolf

Mr_Shady

« Reply #33 on: 30 Aug 2002, 01:26:47 »
Sorry to sound like a total prat, but what's a Wolf when it isn't what dogs descended from ??? ?

Is it the latest variant of the Landy or something?

And to bring something up from the old forums, the only thing that DeLiltMon really needs to put in is a Norwegian ;D Brown tea-like liquids that taste like anything but tea and are lukewarm and stewy are but fuel for the British soldier.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #34 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:20:09 »
Just a thought, we need some kick-@ss SA80s, Gympis and maybe SLRs so we don't have guys with Armalites and AKs jumpin out of Bedfords and Landies. There are a couple of SA80s knocking about, but they're not up to the standard of some of the stuff that's out there, like the Lost Brothers weapons and FlipeR's M4A1 pack- granted, both are examples of ace addons, but surely us Brits deserve some ace guns too?

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #35 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:34:02 »
Well mos those weapon already done or are in progress...

SA-80. several out there, a couple are ok..
GPMG, well there is the one the FAlklands mod is doing, Ok its a wait but tis worth it...
SLR.  use the FAL its more or less the same weapon with automatic enabled
CBF Shipbuilding

FltSgt

« Reply #36 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:57:49 »
Seeing as how CBFASI's raf base project is coming along nicely, would anyone consider making some of the airfield vehicles, i.e. RAF Fire & Rescue appliances, TMVs, yellow landies and 'the caravan'?
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2002, 20:58:38 by Flt Sgt 97 »

Mr_Shady

« Reply #37 on: 01 Sep 2002, 22:12:52 »
I've just got back from Southport Airshow ;D and I've had some ideas for some great UK addons, like Harrier Gr.Mk.7's and, even though a utility version of the Lynx is under construction by the Falklands team (I think) a eight-tube TOW armed one would be pretty sweet. Surely a Harrier could work kinda like a fast heli, so it whips along but is still really agile and can hover (with autohover engaged)?

Oh, and they had a new heli called the Merlin there, kinda like a CH-53 Stallion with a UH-60 Blackhawk front section on it... really big and three-engined, so i guess it goeslike a flying truck on adrenachrome- great for OFP!!  :D

Anyone heard of this beaut? It's maybe a little bigger than a Sea King (I think) but nowhere near as big as a Chinook (again, I think). If I find a pic I'll post it.

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #38 on: 02 Sep 2002, 01:06:53 »
That merlin is sweet, its very quiet while approaching you but when it passes put ear defenders on, we had a surpirse vist from one last year at Chivenor Open day, even the Yanks were impressed..
CBF Shipbuilding

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #39 on: 02 Sep 2002, 09:50:12 »
this one? pretty damn funky alright.

*edit* better photo
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2002, 00:36:55 by vade_101 »

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #40 on: 02 Sep 2002, 13:26:38 »
It would be great to see all of this kit - i'm a Brit and PROUD of it ;), lets hope that some of this gets released, as i have seen far too many ideas dissapear. Keep up the good work lads,

Landy Landy Landy  ;)

cplme - check your e-mail

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
« Reply #41 on: 02 Sep 2002, 18:17:03 »
i agree, hurry up and release them dammit ;)
now I know it takes a long time and i'm willing to wait as long as it takes (just like all you 02 sufferers)
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.

FltSgt

« Reply #42 on: 02 Sep 2002, 18:48:36 »
The Merlin is currently working up to readiness with 28 at Benson.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #43 on: 02 Sep 2002, 18:59:53 »
Oh my sainted aunt, the Merlin is cool ;D

It doesn't so much go "WHOPPA-WHOPPA-WHOPP!!" like a normal heli (please, bear with me), it goes "whippa-whippa-whip!"

Erm..... anyway.... :-[

I would love to see a full brit campaign if enough addons are released (Shameless Plug....perhaps based on the novel I've been trying to write... Shameless Plug). It doesn't feel as stirring for me, as a Brit, to have defeated the commie hordes for Uncle Sam. But if we make British soldiers, we'll need extra actions such as "honk about food," "brew up" and, my personal favourite, "call the rupert a f****** c*** with your mates."

Otherwise it wouldn't be right.  ;D

(That last bit was a humourous comment, and if I offended anyone, I'm very sorry and didn't mean any offence to any race, gender, institution or whatever you can think of)

LimeCordial

« Reply #44 on: 02 Sep 2002, 21:02:14 »
yeah we should have an object like the fire, a kettle or a little parrafin stove, and have a new action, 'make cup of tea'. it could act as a portable field hospital, and heal broken friends.