Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Kellys Heroes - now thats a wonderfull idea  (Read 1890 times)

Noel_From_Ireland

Kellys Heroes - now thats a wonderfull idea
« on: 17 Jan 2003, 23:26:55 »
Have any of you watched Kellys Heroes (Clint Eastwood)

The film is about a squad of americans in WWII and just like any other soldiers they fought at the front lines. However this squad captures a german officer, who claims that he is only carrying lead bar's. Clint eastwood however discovers  that the lead bars are actually gold bars covered in lead. He gets the german officer drunk and finds out where these gold bars came from (a bank, 30 miles behind enemy lines from what I recall) Clint then pursuades the squad (to the momentary disgust of the unit leader) to go for the gold.

Some marvelous battle scenes are in that movie, if any of you WWII mod people like the movie, why not try recreating it!!! (I can provide the theme song for the intro ^_^

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Kellys Heroes - now thats a wonderfull idea
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2003, 19:06:16 »
I donÂ't know...

75% of me tells me that this is a good idea, but will work better in another game, like MoHaa or BF1942 but 25% tells me that if you have patience and work really ahrd on it, itÂ'll be a hell of a ride!

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2003, 19:32:48 »
This was discussed on the old forums, by me and many others, but back then we didn't have O2 or anything, so we where left with only the modern units.

Now, however, it's possible to get the M3 halftracks and Tigers and Shermans.

I say go for it, and maybe make a small campaign out of it. (First mission is to get through that first town, second mission is to command the tanks across the river, third mission is when they get fired at from their own planes, fourth is sneak up and into the town, fifth is the battle between the Shermans and the Tiger in the end)

Would be swell ;D

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2003, 15:57:54 »
The town fight in the end would be perfect for a Co-op mission. Or a mission with some kind of "order engine".

Johan_D

« Reply #4 on: 02 Feb 2003, 13:30:58 »
Or, Were Eagles Dare.. set in winter island, where you have to help escape an captured general?
If you saw the movie, I think some things can be done, of course not all. The mission hase to losely based on it.

See: http://www.whereeaglesdare.com/

Johan ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 02 Feb 2003, 13:40:45 »
A take and hold mission in real BF1942 spirit in the town would be great!

Uberminch

« Reply #6 on: 05 Feb 2003, 19:08:39 »
Hey! Listen to all these positive waves. Maybe we can't lose, huh? ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #7 on: 05 Feb 2003, 19:33:21 »
Lol!

"Negative waves."

;D