Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: South African Army Mod  (Read 4108 times)

Bibmi

Re:South African Army Mod
« Reply #15 on: 29 Jan 2003, 12:33:50 »
If anyone has got any decent pics of the new camo, etc (for the soldier units) let me know...i've got some models ready...... ;D

mech etter

« Reply #16 on: 30 Jan 2003, 07:31:21 »
Hi there,

I have got some good pics taken when my unit was in the SA Army Battle School last year, I will send them ASAP.  At the moment I am on a business trip and am using a 56k modem to dial-up via telephone line from the guest house, so I will send them as soon as I am in civilisation again, come Monday.

Cheers and thanks
Mech Etter

mech etter

« Reply #17 on: 01 Feb 2003, 11:46:23 »
Howzit Bibmi,

The pics as promised.... 1 of 3

Cheers,
Mech Etter

mech etter

« Reply #18 on: 01 Feb 2003, 11:50:06 »
Pics 2 of 3

Mech Etter

mech etter

« Reply #19 on: 01 Feb 2003, 11:52:14 »
Pic 3 of 3

Mech Etter

Bibmi

« Reply #20 on: 02 Feb 2003, 09:44:45 »
Thanks mate...so the helmet has the same 2000 camo? Are the bush-hats also the same camo...has the gear and webbing changed...haven't seen any troops on my infrequent trips home  :-\

This is what I've got so far.....

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/bibspecops/images/sa_camo.jpg
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2003, 12:09:57 by Bibmi »

mech etter

« Reply #21 on: 03 Feb 2003, 10:33:39 »
Howzit, :)

The standard issue to date is:
Uniform is the 2000 cammo worn in the same manner as the US Army uniform, ie, shirt untucked, and sleeves rolled up.
Bushhats are 2000 cammo as well as the helmet covers.
Webbing is the standard SADF battle jacket as worn on the border days.
We now also wear a cammo baseball type peak cap similar to the US Army one, just in our 2000 cammo (this cap is well represented in the standard officer cap worn in OFP).
Boots are still the same brown ones we always wore, they tried the green boots but everybody thought they looked sh*t, so brown was reverted back to.

I checked out the link, it is looking good IMHO.  If you need anymore information and or pictures, I have got quite a bit from my Reserve Forces participation.

Cheers,
Mech Etter.

Vibes

« Reply #22 on: 04 Feb 2003, 00:07:46 »
Hi all i'm allso from south africa and i'm interested in doing one of the south african army vehicles but i cant find anny detailed information on anny of them if someone can maybe help me out with this it would be realy cool, side profiles would be the best but it must be directly from the side of the vehicle so i can use it in o2.

mech etter

« Reply #23 on: 04 Feb 2003, 07:46:00 »
Hi there,

Attached is a side Pic of a Ratel 20, let me know if you need some front, back and top pics.

Cheers
Mech Etter