Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ADF Mod Fremantle Class Patrol Boat  (Read 1440 times)

Wires

ADF Mod Fremantle Class Patrol Boat
« on: 10 Jan 2003, 09:07:16 »
StuKa finished this little gem a while ago and I finally got around to uploading it. Go to our site to d/l (see signature for link). An excerpt from the readme:

This addon features the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Fremantle class Patrol Boat HMAS Geraldton. The boats crew are represented in full naval battle kit (overalls, fireproof gauntlets and hoods, kevlar helmet with intercom).
This addon has been developed exclusively for the Australian Defence Forces Mod  (www.adfmod.opflashpoint.org)

FREMANTLE CLASS SPECIFICATIONS

Length: 42 metres
Beam: 17.2 metres
Dispacement:  270 tonnes
Armament: Bofors 40/60mm AN4 general-purpose gun,
          Three 0.5in Browning heavy machine guns
Machinery: Two MTU 538 series 16 cylinder main engines
            One Dorman 12 cylinder auxiliary
Speed: 30 knots
Ships Company: 3 Officers
         19 sailors
Tasking: Patrol, Surveillance, Insertion/Extraction of  special forces
[img removed]Fcpb1.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2003, 09:09:56 by Wires »

DeLiltMon

Re:ADF Mod Fremantle Class Patrol Boat
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2003, 12:12:38 »
Nice, I like the full anti-flash gear, can't wait to get home now and give it a try!

Dkraver

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2003, 14:14:54 »
Nice work just tried it. But it seems that the ai gunner always aims to high and is very slow with the shots (6-7 sec between each shots). Also the gun could use some more power. Its a 40mm gun with HE and it takes 10-12 shot to destroy the BRDM. Seems a bit much. Otherwise great work

Wires

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2003, 01:45:07 »
These issues have also been raised in our forums and will be solved in the next version  ;) Coming soon

Commando

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2003, 00:19:41 »
Exellent boats! I just think that the crew is a bit blueish in the skin color...
Change the gun power to a bit more powerful..
I made a misson where the russian addon ship namned pauk attack ship faced off against this ship and it ended the way that they had to have airsupport. :P The a.i of course got gunned down or so and when the fremantles aproached a harbour that we had to capture a russian hind came up and toasted us almost like we sat in the old mark 2 bpr... ;D
And the damn hind fired only ffrs to. Now im not complaining about the armour.. Its about the weapons. It would be very useful if it had a rocketlauncher like the m2a2 in regular ofp has that can target and take down choppers. Well im not sure if the real version of this ship has anti-air rockets but still. But it was still a fun boat to play with and it had passenger seats to and that was kind of good.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2003, 05:29:32 »
If I'm not mistaken, there are no dedicated anti-aircraft missile launchers on this boat, as yet.
The 40mm Bofors is, however, a formidable AAA piece. In real life, anyway. The vessel is large enough to carry several MANPADS launchers, like Stinger/Starstreak, and men to fire them however.
Actually, these boats could carry a significantly increased weapons capability, if need be.