Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: We Were Soldiers campaign updated  (Read 1785 times)

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
We Were Soldiers campaign updated
« on: 02 Jan 2003, 23:59:10 »
Anyone want to work or is working on a We Were Soldiers campaign?
Okay you start at your base hanging around with your friends when you get a radio call from your commander saying get on a chopper. You get in a CH-47 and head off to La Drang valley to Lz X-Ray. You are about 5 miles from it when you get shot down by some Gooks and have to bail out.
      From then on you have to head to X-Ray on foot and fight gooks along the way. Later on your Commander gets killed and you take control of the squad. Eventualy you and your men reach LZ. Then you meet up with Lt Col. Hal Moore for one final push against the Gooks. Tell me what you think and give me some ideas please.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2003, 12:55:12 by sim »
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

Eviscerator

Re:We Were Soldiers campaign
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2003, 06:44:25 »
why base it on we were soldiers? why not do an individual story telling of the actual battles at LZ Xray and LZ Albany?

this site has a lot of information about the battle at Xray with 3 flash movies that should help any mission maker a great deal: http://www.wtj.com/articles/xray/

Eagle

« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2003, 09:59:32 »
Seriously. Why does everyone want to base their missions off of the movie they saw, rather than the book or article or real life account of an actual battle. I'm getting sick of poeple mistaking hollywood's plastic and glittery face for that of reality.

Robbo

« Reply #3 on: 03 Jan 2003, 10:35:39 »
Eagle shares the views of many on the forum

Eagle

Re:We Were Soldiers campaign updated
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2003, 00:12:17 »
Sounds better sim. Your idea sounds like a rough sketch so far...kinda like an outline for an essay or a paper. I say revise it and refine it. Then get to work on your details of the mission...like instead of bailing out of the chopper which just wouldn't be realistic, have it crash land. Meanwhile play around with the mission editor, one you have your mission down pat...start cracking at making it happen.

Best of luck

Frosty

Re:We Were Soldiers campaign updated
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2003, 00:15:06 »
Yeah, why not set it around LZ Albany, if you goto www.lzxray.com there are links to info on the battle at albany.