Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Who wants to build us a British Kleeper Kayak?  (Read 1689 times)

skydognz

Who wants to build us a British Kleeper Kayak?
« on: 31 Dec 2002, 07:00:11 »
Being a Kiwi (New Zealander) Ex-Special Forces Member (shhhhhh)...I've been in contact with alot of high tech gear.

Something I was wondering if a addon creator could do, is create a usable Kleeper Kayak as used by the British Special Boat Service.

They are a 2-man sterable and collaspable Kayak.

I won't go into any full length explainations as I'm sure most of you here know what they are.

It would be good to use as another method of inserting SF troops into an AO.

Also to make sure that they can be pulled up from the shore or that they won't float away or disappear once the troops have beached them.

Any takers?....Damn  I wish i could create these addons.....

Mr_Shady

Re:Who wants to build us a British Kleeper Kayak?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2002, 18:03:07 »
I'd like to see a kayak just so I could paddle under the Nogova bridge, rig either side with satchels then swish off and wait for a load of commies to walk over it...  ;D

It'd be a good alternative to parachuting in or being heli'd in, just creeping along the coast in the wee hours of the morning.

Oh, there was a Vietnamese Sampan in the Nam Pack v2, but it looks out of place anywhere but on the Ia Drang map.

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jan 2003, 20:20:25 »
we have some kyaks/canoe jobbys for the SBS over at the falklands mod :D

Mr_Shady

« Reply #3 on: 02 Jan 2003, 22:05:34 »
KevBaz you old dog!  ;)
You have damn near everything I want in OFP, like the Lynx and the Harrier, but I have to wait for the mod to be finished and dowload all 15 Gb of it to use any of it!!  ;D

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jan 2003, 23:43:55 »
hehe

heres a sneeky peek at it  ;D

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #5 on: 03 Jan 2003, 07:27:50 »
ya bugga, u and the beta testser get all the fun  ;D

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jan 2003, 23:07:36 »
I got more fun that that, I built these little boats (or canoes/kayaks) we have both single and twin versions....

They are great fun BUT are still prone to a few bugs which as of yet are not fixed, the bugs being irritating more than anything..

Also as said, its for the final release of the MOD, and its just a hint of just how far we are going with it...
CBF Shipbuilding

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #7 on: 05 Jan 2003, 03:29:18 »
lookin good and sounding it to, cant wait to use ur Harrier, hows that going anyway

*Hint* *cough*PICS*cough /hands Falklands Mod Team free entry into a strip club, *Hint*

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 05 Jan 2003, 14:47:29 »
in order to stay ontopic the kyaks r good, never know maybe a rowning anim could be sorted.

*offtopic*
sea harrier well what can i say but wait a few days and you will have some pics to drewl over :D

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #9 on: 05 Jan 2003, 16:17:13 »
How about a mini video of the Harrier 8)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #10 on: 05 Jan 2003, 16:53:36 »
Falks Mod's the only one that seems to be making progress nowadays apart from I44 and Northstar, but I have one question:

What the hell is going on with the British DPM?

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jan 2003, 17:26:36 »
what do u mean whats going on with it? its is the correct pattern for 1982 and can i ask ppl to use the thread for the falklands or even go to our forums, as this is all off topic from its title and i dont want other ppls threads getting locked cheers

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=3214;start=90

www.flashpoint1982.co.uk
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2003, 17:27:58 by KevBaz »

Mr_Shady

« Reply #12 on: 05 Jan 2003, 21:02:15 »
Sorry, but it just looks wrong to me... my Dad left the army in 1979 and he brought out a DPM parka and a few pairs of trousers, which have exactly the same camo as the stuff that my best mate's brother (who's just come out) managed to nab. The Falklands units seems have a lighter green and too much khaki bits. All the DPM I've seen's mainly dark green, black and brown with little stripy splodges of khaki.

So, is anyone going to make ones of these floaty babies anytime soon?