Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Are there any players with a focus on singleplayer scenarios?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Onkel Bo

• hardboiled sissy
  • Members
    • combinedarms.de
Hey guys, I've been inactive for a long time and find that there are only a few players in the Arma community who are interested in single player scenarios.

My focus is on single player, because I simply do not have the time for multiplayer and clan membership. I'm planning to create an ArmA 3 campaign and looking for helping hands to help me with this project.

hopefully some people will find themselves still in the mood for singleplayer scenarios.

Kind regards.
Onkel Bo

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Welcome back. :)

I myself am strictly a singleplayer guy, wish I had time to actually make missions, or make them reasonably and not shove them full of massively complex scripting.  ::)
Or play the game, been probably a year since I last actually played it instead of just modding.

I'm sure there are SP people left, they're of course the minority nowadays.
There's a guy Undeceived who has made a few good SP campaigns in recent history.

And you can always make your campaign playable in co-op to peak the MP peep's interest too :dunno:

:cop: Not sure if this thread should in some mission depot forum but I don't really care anymore because of the lack of traffic here nowadays  :cop:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Onkel Bo

• hardboiled sissy
  • Members
    • combinedarms.de
Thanks for the answer h- :)

Please, if you find it useful, move the thread to a more appropriate area.

I try to contact Undeceived. I guess he is German like me.

Are you a well-versed scripter and mission builder? Did you release something recently? Would be really excited and would be glad to see something of your work

kind regards
Onkel Bo

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Hello there Onkel  :good:

I'm also a singleplayer guy, and I find I'm more of a mission tester than a maker (don't have the time these days).

I'll be more than happy to test anything you submit on here  :)
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Are you a well-versed scripter and mission builder? Did you release something recently? Would be really excited and would be glad to see something of your work
I am a scripter yes, my most recent things in that area are the Emitter 3Ditor and Northern Fronts (scripter/sound/config guy in that mod)
So I guess one could say that I am well versed in scripting (except MP).

I haven't released any missions in years, I had one mission here for the grabs but it was basically a monstrosity of scripting and I never got it to work as I wanted it to so removed it. Haven't had time since to even think about that because modding :(
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2019, 10:55:47 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
I'm guessing he decided to call it quits?