Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP][CUP] Long Day (Arma 2 Remake)  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Clayman

• Members
    • Assault Mission Studio
[SP][CUP] Long Day (Arma 2 Remake)
« on: 25 Apr 2017, 20:32:23 »
The second (and probably last) ported Arma 2 mission from me. The original mission featured an intro (see link below) and five different outros, depending on which ending was achieved. I gave up on recreating these cutscenes because there is so much missing or broken in Arma 3. I'd rather invest my limited time in creating new scenarios, than working around the ever evolving special features (aka bugs) of Arma.
However, unlike my previously published mission, this one imho does deserve a place along the lines of good old OFPEC masterpieces...

Long Day

Version: 1.0

Description:
Six weeks ago, paramilitary Chedaki troops have occupied the province of Podagorsk. Many members of the government were kidnapped or killed. The military was disbanded, much of the troops have fled or have joined the Chedaki. Occasionally, guerrillas have formed to try to fend off the Chedakis again. So far without success. According to reports the Chedaki proceed with extreme brutality. Everyone who is suspected to resist them is immediately arrested or killed. Executions even of civilians are a daily occurrence. From reliable sources, we know that the paramilitary Chedaki are cited by Pavel Soleveychik.
Soleveychik is sought for years by our intelligence agencies because of numerous war crimes. But so far he has never stayed in one place long enough to be captured. This time we will not stand back and wait. Pavel Soleveychik needs to be caught...
Your task will be to take three important strategic objectives in the inland to prepare a large-scale invasion.

Intro Trailer:
https://vimeo.com/214697411

Features:
  • Somewhat-dynamic RPG-style mission
  • Your actions and decisions will affect the further course of the mission
  • Optional / hidden objectives
  • Some random stuff
  • Average playing time: 3-5 hours (maybe more)
  • Weapon selection in briefing
  • Selectable difficulty setting and other options
  • Reinforcements and air support available later in mission
  • Lots of other stuff I forgot to mention

Hints & Tips:
There is a total of 20 objectives. Several of them are optional, some are mutually exclusive. The maximum number of objectives you can achieve in one single playthrough is 18. The minimum for a successful playthrough is 10.

There are eight different endings at six stages during the mission. Some are good, others are bad. But to successfully complete the mission, you must complete the “final” objective.

Throughout the mission there are seven “pieces” of Intel hidden at different locations, leading to two hidden objectives. You don’t have to find all of them, but to complete the final objective, you obviously need to find something leading you there.

In addition to the above, there are four hidden sidetasks, which will prompt you with different rewards – if you manage to find the final objective.

And yes, it is of course possible to find Soleveychik. Keep your eyes open.

Required Addons:
Community Upgrade Project (Weapons, Units, Vehicles, Terrains)
Requires: Community Base Addons
FDF Podagorsk
Max Women

Known Bugs:
Pond objects cause quite some trouble in combination with high fog settings. The fog at the beginning of the mission is a design element which will not be changed. It will however be gone after 20-30 minutes and there won’t be any fog later in the mission. I suggest you stay away from the ponds during this time.

Credits:
Scripts:
  • Air Support by Draper
  • Fire and Smoke Effects by BI
  • Additional Compositions taken from Arma 2
  • Suicide Animation taken from Arma 2
Music:
  • Beethoven’s Piano Sonata No. 14: “Moonlight Sonata”
  • Operation Flashpoint and Arma 2 Soundtracks
Beta Testers:
  • Zipper 5
  • Onkel Bo
  • Stoned Boy
Thanks to:
  • BI for Arma 2 / 3
  • AssaultMissionStudio
  • Onkel Bo

Download:
@AssaultMissionStudio

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Disclaimer: Trailer and Images taken from Arma 2 version.

Offline Inlesco

• Members
Re: [SP][CUP] Long Day (Arma 2 Remake)
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jul 2023, 19:59:13 »
Hey Clayman! Perhaps you still have this mission somewhere? I'd love to try it out and provide some feedback, if that's OK. Cheers!

P.S. DL link is down.