Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Naughty language  (Read 1931 times)

chrisb1220

Naughty language
« on: 19 Dec 2002, 05:00:29 »
I found a song that goes perfect with my mission, buuut there's a couple of naughty words in it. Is that ok, or should I try to get an edited version of it? ???

Anmac

Re:Naughty language
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2002, 06:25:08 »

Well, as long as it's not too obvious and Wolfsbane doesn't have a problem, and the song suits the mission, I say sure.

The game is rated 15+.  If you can shoot humans in the head and make them die a bloody death, a couple of HIDDEN four letter words shouldn't hurt.

But that doesn't mean the use of bad language is considered appropriate, just for the sake of it.

But then again, if you can find an edited version... that would be better.
 :-\

:)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2002, 12:39:56 »
same goes for missions i guess - as Anmac said the game is 15+, but i know of many of the forum members here who are below that age...

now any1 can agree that in the heat of battle soldiers will swear, shout, go mad and kill all their buddies - and for a realistic mission then some swearing would be fine...

but ive played missions where there was constant swearing and this really distracts from the mission....

and as for the music you found, go get goldwave. with this you can edit the song yourself and delete all the swearing.

simple  ;D
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2002, 12:41:22 by Messiah »
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

chrisb1220

« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2002, 01:44:35 »
Ok

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2003, 07:32:44 »
Is it 15+? DidnĂ‚'t know that,  ;D. But who cares, if youĂ‚'ve played soldier of fortune you have seen it all....

Offline Archangel Scream

• Former Staff
  • OFPEC Former Staff: Audio editing & mission review
    • Britecorp
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2003, 10:52:31 »
chrisb1220 -

Do be aware that you would likely be infringing distribution rights on the song.

Oh - and if you really want to demand more mission reviews, think more carefully before sending hate mail next time.

Bronski

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2003, 18:25:45 »
15+?  I'm holding the CD case right here and it says 'Mature' for the rating, which is 17+.

Which countries are you in where it says 15+, i'm in the U.S.

I'm not saying there should be a bunch of language in the game but if it helps express someone's anger it is useful.

It just sounds weird to hear someone say "Darn it to hell" instead of "Damn it to hell"

Anmac

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2003, 04:44:27 »

The country doesn't really matter.  My point was that it's a game rated for persons mature (ish) age.

A little is ok, IF it's used correctly and maturely.

Anybody that has played Antipathy will know what I mean.

;)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2003, 08:54:43 »
@ Anmac

dont give Antipathy as example ;D give assult support 2 (da breifing) its da best example (its not realy languge wen i think bout it) ::) ;D ;)

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2003, 09:08:32 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Anmac

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2003, 13:20:41 »

lol...

What about the lose outro in Antipathy.  ;)

Flaming Avon Lady edited it without my approval and has the edited version posted on his MOM area.

How rude!

:o

asmodeus

« Reply #10 on: 06 Feb 2003, 12:54:28 »
Flaming Avon Lady edited it without my approval and has the edited version posted on his MOM area.

WTF??   :-X

Anyhow...  As it's been said... If there can be killing and it's rated mature +...  then I agree with the good use of swearing.  (I know I say Fu** when I stub my toe and that's nothing compared to being shot!)   ::)   ;)  

When it comes down to it... Who does it hurt to use some of the most descriptive, versatile words in any given language?    >:(

Asmo
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2003, 12:55:01 by Asmodeus »