Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Can some1 test my helo evac script?  (Read 1609 times)

Azraell

Can some1 test my helo evac script?
« on: 11 Dec 2002, 21:59:59 »
hey :D         finally got my evac script done(thanks to the forums for all the info)......activated with an action menu command, ur ride will ask for a smoke marker for  LZ, a second action command will popup for smoke,camcreated with grenade throw animation ,will always be created in front of player. i need u to play it numerous times, getin first then order group in, order group in first then u get in, everything, test the hell outa every aspect, test it in a area with lots of trees with very little landing space, i wanna smooth running script.....

p.s..... i think this goes for all helo scripts out there....if a AI unit or a tree or vehicle  is on the invisable pad that is used(the helos LZ) the helo WILL see it as an obstruction and choose his own LZ...causing possable malfunction of the script because he wont land on pad.....again,i think this holds true for all helo evacs...something in the LZ pad throws off the landing....bushes and bodies do not do this.

p.s.s..... i think Sui created math for logicscript(keeps the logic in front of player at all times,was made to keep a unit following you, i slightly modified for a logic

Made with SebsNAM pack and 1.90 RES........editor  preview mission.

thanks! 8) ;D :D
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2002, 23:27:25 by Azraell »

Offline TheCaptain

• Members
  • You and The Captain Can Make it Happen
Re:Can some1 test my helo evac script?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2002, 02:41:27 »
I got it, good script.. I think I'll modify it and use it in one of my missions

I'd suggest two things:

1) Remove the throw action after the chopper has landed, that screws things up, because the chopper takes off again but does not land,

and

When you make or setpos the LZ's, make/setpos nine of them in a grid, rather than just the one, so there's a higher probability that the chopper will land.

Also, script in some kind of detection for if the chopper is landing at the correct LZ, or one of his choosing, and give an update to the player to mark another one.

Good script.
The Captain

Magoo

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2003, 14:51:07 »
not so much a comment about the script.....

.....but its GREAT  ;D to see another LEON fan !!!

you now have my respect  ;)

Azraell

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2003, 23:04:08 »
heh, this was so long ago that i posted this :D  owell :) although, here, its called "The Professional"