Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Kevinfostereditguy, return of the "Jinky" personality scripts guy  (Read 3420 times)

kevinfostereditguy

Just getting back into scripting, does anyone want to see my personality, special skill, timeflow, zelda64 style AI daily routnes and bartering scripts carried on with? i havent been scripting since the site went down and i lost most contact with the people interested in this, but now im back here, would anyone be interested in these? btw, check out some of what iv got at www.angelfire.com/apes/modmapperguy . some of you may remeber me from months ago (LCD and crew) working on these. i was actually offered a weekly column about mission making from the moderator some while back last year shortly before the site went down, so im still up for doing this if you still want me to.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Look he is back :wow:

glad 2 have u back KFG ;D ;)

*wishpers

They alwayz come back

so wuzup ?

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

kevinfostereditguy

wtf happened to the site anyway? how long was it back up for? anway, iv decided to work just on version 1 and not with resistance, as long as my comp will still like to run it. i wanna make these scripts as hassle free as possible so anyone can use em. IF my computer will still work after these months with opflash, i wil get back into this cause iv not much of a hobby now. so i will be working on remakes and updates of-

Personality scripts like jinky (get that on my site)

Special skilled units like Superstrong like Pitbull was, or psycic like Yuri from red alert 2

The timeflow scrpt that makes it go from day to night (get that on my site)

Daily Ai routines what iv been tinkering with. my last one was a camper that set out at 6am, set up his tent a distance away, hiked around, came back in the evening then put his tent away then went home. in short, making real patrol routes for solidiors in camps based on the time of say and going to sleep at night and so on.

shopkeepers are alos in that catagory, i mad a guy that set up shop early and would only serve you when he was ready then packed away at night. he sold weapons and such and im gonna work on that too.

anyway, this is all if my comp is gonna work again, so ill get back to you lot tonight, fingers crossed!

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
da site is up 4 months now  ;Dit was down 4 maintaince or somthin like dat  :o

raely like 2 c u back in scripting  :) hop ur comp wil work

LCD OUT

kevinfostereditguy

yaay, its working!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Welcome back kevinfostereditguy, glad you could find us! :D As you can see, we've got a new layout, with for instance these shiney new Scripting forums  ::) I'm sure you'll be a frequent visiter here, so I just thought I'd have the courtesy of shipping you right over. :toocool:

Hope to see a lot of your new scripts around then, mate! Be sure to give toadie or whoever a ring when you're finished ;) Take a tour of the place first, nice new stuff we have, yes...

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

kevinfostereditguy

I DONT BELIVE IT!!! my cd drive just packed in again after an hour after installing! it does this every few weeks and for no reason. my dads too cheap to get another one aswell. any ways i can test my scripts without the cd?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
no  :-\

LCD OUT

asmodeus

Welcome back there Kevin!   ;D

Long time no type!    ;)

I look forward to your innovative scripting ideas and skills!   ;D

But first, sounds like you gotta get over some computer probs...  Hope that's going good..  I just fixed my comp recently.  (took 3 days straight)  I had the Klez virus and everything!   :o

Anyways, I like the idea about the camper and making AI go through their own routines..  

We've been thinking about stuff similar to that for our mod..   ;)  Check out the links below if you wanna know more!

Good to see you back!  (like LCD said, they always come back!)   ::)   :-*

Asmo

kevinfostereditguy

2 hours of re inserting and excessive swearing have seemed to get my cd drive to work again, i swear, there must be some sort of hyper intellegent ai in there trying to send me over the egde, every damn time i need to use the thing... *CLUNK.... FIZZZzzzrrr..... AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! READ THE BLOODY CD DAMINT!!!!" ahem, anyway, im working on my Yuri units, like the mind control, psycic blast and brute units. at the mo, the yuri unit can follow your guy, and when he is in range takes over the mind or frazzles the guys brain with a psycic blast. looks pretty dam funny, seeing the enemy completley rigid slowly burning internally, ehehehe. anyway, quick question, i want the unit to attack the enemy in a rang of about 20, so how can i set the name for the unit in range to "victim"? like-

?(yuri Distance west <= 30):titletext ["Look, another drone...", "plain down"]; (changename west to victim)

the last part wont work, but it shows what i want to happen to the "West" unit in range, so the next part will be-

yuri playmove ("psycic blast anaimation, any suggestions?")
~2
victim switchmove "fxangel"
~2

and flames are sterted in the victim to eventually burn him, but u see what i mean, i want the closest westerner unit to be renamed "victim"so i can use him in the script, or any similar suggestions would be helpfull.

also will the "join" command work on the enemy to make him gor from west to east or vice versa? heh, i really need to remeber this stuff

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
it is posible wid 1.46 but lot easier nd more efective if u get resistance  ;D

i can send u script 4 finidng da closest enemy  ;D also if u wanna do da distance condition i sugest somthin like dat

@ "Yuri distance _X <= 30" count array (da arry should b da array of enemy sols)

run script 4 closest enemy

do somthin 2 closest enemy

wat do u think ?

LCD OUT

Kaliyuga

Yes indeed... welcome back Kevin..... ;D  

Like they said... they always come back.. but hey this guy, he came back twice :P

I loved your ideas in the past, and indeed they have been the inspiration for some of the scripting LCD will be implementing in our campaign....  

I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.... and I'm sure the cartel could use your consultation in some of our scripting ventures.....    you and LCD work well together.. and I'm sure you  could come up with some great ideas regarding our campaign

I'll be in touch .... Kali

Offline granQ

• Contributing Member
    • Anrop.se
reallly like the simple but nice idea on how soldiers act deping on weapon. and yeah would be nice. Done one myself.. real simpel. a girl walking out in the woods getting some food, then returning to the woods and over and over.. real simpel. but she was just part of a villiage you run past in my vietnam mission ;)
Cura Posterior

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
Hello Kevin,

i really enjoyed your scripts, especially the Jinky script. I always have the felling in the cutscenes i see real people, but as soon as the mission begins.  They have their mouth glued and their personality was painted green.
I really missed some soldiers going beserk. Made rude jokes. Remember Jagged Aliance, it most i liked (and sometimes hated) was the team internal battles. Would be great to give the soldiers more personality. What about a init line: this setpersonality "Gang-Hoo", "Commie Hater", "Moron", "Redneck" etc. If you know what i mean.

Greatings
Kuro