Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Creating a masterpeace  (Read 2079 times)

carrot666

Creating a masterpeace
« on: 08 Dec 2002, 02:11:27 »
hello  ;D
ive just started creating a mission based on a resistance attack on some where! any ideas or tips to help me start?  ???
thanks
carrot666

HotShot

Re:Creating a masterpeace
« Reply #1 on: 08 Dec 2002, 02:15:23 »
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2002, 02:17:49 by HotShot »

Anmac

« Reply #2 on: 08 Dec 2002, 10:16:24 »

Moved to MISSION IDEAS.

The mission editor would be a good place to start.

;)

Phantom

« Reply #3 on: 08 Dec 2002, 13:09:14 »
Hang on, so you've started this mission, but your looking for ideas on how to make it? You've either done a dumb thing by lying about actually starting it, and your just waiting for someone else to give you THEIR idea, or you've started work, and chance are that if you use someone elses idea you'll have to start again anyway. This is mission ideas buddy, a resistance attack is an idea, but you've gotta have something more than that before you ask for ideas, that way people can ASSIST with your mission idea, not do the work for you, if that's what you like, go join a MOD team.

Phantom

Black Magic

« Reply #4 on: 08 Dec 2002, 14:07:28 »
So you want to make a "masterpeace" of a mission eh? Well, let's start with, getting your spelling right mate. Masterpiece no masterpeace! ::)
Haha no disrespect meant man. 8)

Anmac

« Reply #5 on: 08 Dec 2002, 15:24:21 »

Gee fellas, a little more friendly and less "go home newbie" please.

Some ppl need help with ideas for missions, so what.  Either try and help them out or keep your typing to yourself.

;)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #6 on: 08 Dec 2002, 15:36:33 »
check da editor depot - should have everythin u need ;)

also ask all ur Qs in da editin forums over here  ;D

get som1 2 fix ur english if ur englishis not good (like me)

The mission editor would be a good place to start

dats my tips  :o  ;D

bout da idea itself - u dont have ny details so i cant realy help  ;D but i sugest u add som special things  ;D nd effects :wow: so it dont get regular boring mision

also beta it on da beta testing forums here

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

HotShot

« Reply #7 on: 08 Dec 2002, 16:38:52 »
How about the Resistance are attacking a Soviet base, trying to rescue a prisoner (either West or Resistance) but you've got a time limit, say 15 minutes, before they get executed? It could be in Single and Multiplayer formats. Just a thought. ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #8 on: 08 Dec 2002, 16:59:15 »
@ Hotshot - r u stil plain red hammer - 15 mins, resistance against soviet, prisioner - all in da mission in redhammer

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

HotShot

« Reply #9 on: 08 Dec 2002, 17:30:05 »
Well i got it off a friend and played the first 2 missions and then never played it again, might start playing it now though. But i didn't get my mission idea off Red Hammer, but i'm pleased that my idea was good enough to be put in an official campaign ;D

max_killer_payne

« Reply #10 on: 08 Dec 2002, 19:23:21 »
Its hard to create, a 'masterpiece' mission, I have my memory filled up with missions, you need to go that EXTRA mile to make it a masterpiece, you need to no what your doing and no how to script. I have many missions which I consider high quality but dont quite want to release it yet, even in beta form. You need to add something that will want to keep the player intrested, example:

As an elite NATO soldier you must steal a Soviet radar prototype, but as you dig your way further into the mission you uncover a sinister plot, that keeps the player thinking what the hell is going on? and add noises so the player may be walking along and hear a Russian talk and think 'Sh**!!! whered that come from?', but in actual fact there aint a Ruskie anywere near by. You should also add easter eggs, say you kill 3 Ruskies in a time limit, or dont set the alarm off, and a PK machine gun box or sometin to help the player. 1 More thing, be realistic add small outposts in remote areas such as forests with say 4 Russians and if you dont neutrilize them quick enough the alarm goes off. In some missions on the Intel it may say a small sqaud of Russians are stationed here, take them out. You go over and theres a battalion of men an armoured division and a sqaudron of attack aircraft, or even worse theres 1 guard and a jeep, add tents and etc, to make it more realistic.

Hope this helps.

c ya

max_killer_payne

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #11 on: 08 Dec 2002, 22:06:29 »
I know the feeling Max, I do the same, create a mission and use great stuff for it, but they don't convinced me jet so I never released cos I know they can improve.
 About the english wrhiting, mine is not very good, but I only been learning how to whrit in english from a short time, even knowing that I left Spain 7 years ago, so, just let time tell.
Later.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

kevinfostereditguy

« Reply #12 on: 09 Dec 2002, 17:49:26 »
i had a HUUUGE thread going about making great missions on the last site, before it went down months ago about background stories, mission planning and so on, what got me a weekly column offered on the site before it went down, con-sarnet! if someone could get the mods to remeber that lengthy discussion and my past work and history i would love to write that weekly colum for all of you with all that info again, with new scripts for you to use each week. LCD should remeber all that, it produced "jinky"! anyway, if i still get that offer of a weekly column id let you know how to create  damn fine mission. anyone think they can cojole the mods into getting the offer for me again? a shame the whole last site was wiped.