Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Camera.sqs Tutorial  (Read 11760 times)

Navy_Seals

Re:Camera.sqs Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: 27 Aug 2002, 18:28:47 »
 ::) :'( ::)

*sniff*, *sniff* Thanks alot mates, i appreciate it  :beat:
And yes i'll try to be back online asap!
Cheers ;) :thumbsup: :wave: :cheers:

Pow3r

« Reply #31 on: 27 Aug 2002, 22:23:48 »
 :-[  Ummm... in the init field of the unit I've put the necessary line... I start the preview and position the camera... press control... then alt tab out... I press either ctrl-v or select paste in menu of notepad to past the necessary script into a new doc and I don't have anything pasted... nothing happens... apparently nothing happens when I press either of the ctrls... ?  My understanding is that pressing ctrl in that camera mode or whatever sorta "copies" the current position as "script" and that should be able to be pasted into a new doc right?  Well, what gives... why does nothing happen for me?  Help would be appreciated.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #32 on: 27 Aug 2002, 22:27:00 »
camera.sqs copies the info into the clipboard.txt file that can be found off of your OFP root folder.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Pow3r

« Reply #33 on: 27 Aug 2002, 22:29:13 »
 :)  Very excellent response time omg... I'll look into this immediately... Dang I just posted my question like 2 minutes ago...  :)

Pow3r

« Reply #34 on: 27 Aug 2002, 22:31:31 »
I've tried a dozen times... and both times I cannot find a clipboard.txt file anywhere on the entire drive using search...   ???  I position camera.... hit ctrl... alt tab out and search... and no clipboard.txt anywhere... Here's what I have in the soldier's init field just for some more info:  GroupE = group this;  this exec "camera.sqs";
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2002, 22:48:22 by Pow3r »

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #35 on: 27 Aug 2002, 23:56:25 »
I just checked this. When putting:
this exec "camera.sqs"
in my player's init field everything worked perfectly.

Press right ctrl, alt-tab and look in your \operationflashpoint\
folder.
There you will find the clipboard.txt file.

Edit:
Just thought of something, you should probably not have anything but
this exec "camera.sqs"
in the init field. Try it without the group thing and see if it works better.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2002, 23:57:23 by KTottE »
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

1stJemHadar

« Reply #36 on: 28 Aug 2002, 02:25:28 »
uhm, try this: click ctrl-7 (In game), alt-tab (minimize the game), and then ctrl-v (in the text editor).
At least, that's what the tutorial says. ;)  err, at least, that was how I understood it when I read it. Though now when I re-read the tutorial, I realize that it's a little vague in the matter. Anyhow, "ctrl-7" works, I've tried it.
EDIT: well, actually it says "ctrl-/" but since the "/" and "7" button is the same, there shouldn't be any difference ;D

Now on to my problem. I just don't understand this, I've done several intros since I learned the basics last week, and, well, this just shouldn't happen.  
This is the very, very short test script "Intro.sqs" that I've made to test this new way of getting the camera into position.

_cam = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]  
_cam cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]  

_cam camsettarget P3
_cam camsetrelpos [5,5,20]  
_cam camcommit 0  
@camcommitted _cam  
~2
;First scene, camera man
_camera camSetTarget [3063.78,103854.61,21142.34]
_camera camSetPos [3062.77,6110.51,0.84]
_camera camSetFOV 0.700
_camera camCommit 0
@camCommitted _camera
~4

titlecut ["","BLACK OUT",4]
titlecut ["","BLACK IN",2]
camdestroy _cam  
Svante CommandMove GetMarkerPos "Hektor"
EndIntro=true
exit
Now, at the beginning it locks onto P3, just as it should. But then, nothing happens. So, what am I doing wrong??

Thanks
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2002, 02:38:09 by 1stJemHadar »

SFG

« Reply #37 on: 28 Aug 2002, 03:46:24 »
It's defined as _cam the next scene is in _camera :)

Pow3r

« Reply #38 on: 28 Aug 2002, 06:27:34 »
well...  back to my triviality... sorry they wouldn't let me start a new post for this... but I've tried everything that I can think of... I started from scratch and placed a man, in the init field all i have is this, this exec "camera.sqs"; and that's it.  Right after I put that in... I say okay or whatever and press preview ... While in preview mode I tried ctrl by itself, ctrl 7, and ctrl /... nothing worked.  Everytime I tried I immediately alt tabbed out and tried to past and got nothing.  I'm startin' to feel like this is a cruel joke.  One thing that confused me was that you said / and 7 are the same thing... I don't understand what you mean there.  Also, that got me thinking.  Does ctrl have to be bound to some action in the game?  Cuz I've rebound all my buttons to fit my own playing style.  I didn't think that that would be an issue but I'm reaching now.  Also, I do not have Resistance (actually I just bought it like an hour ago :) ), and even though I was unaware that it is necessary for this to work I never saw where someone had specified that that's the case... if it is.  I'm gonna install that expansion while I wait for you guys' help.  Sorry again, I'm quite frustrated.  Please help.  I appreciate it tremendously.  I'd like to thank you guys that have tried so far as well.    ???

Offline Black_Feather

• Former Staff
  • I'll never forget you Daisey.
« Reply #39 on: 28 Aug 2002, 06:35:19 »
try pressing the other ctrl, the file should be here

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\clipboard.txt

SFG

« Reply #40 on: 28 Aug 2002, 06:57:33 »
I use the left Ctl

crow

« Reply #41 on: 28 Aug 2002, 07:15:41 »
 ;)I have a question for Pow3r.  Did you copy the camera.sqs and put it into your mission folder?  I am thinking that this is the problem.  The commands people are giving you should work. ;)

Pow3r

« Reply #42 on: 28 Aug 2002, 07:41:33 »
I tried both controls constantly and I haven't even bothered to look for the camera.sqs file because no one said to do that.  There is simply no file on my entire computer called clipboard.txt.   This is gettin' rediculous.  I'm not retarded I swear.  I'm doing what has been said to be done.  I'm a comp sci student and know my way around computers so understand I'm not ignorant and can implement and program things of a much more complex nature than this for sure  ;) this is simply not working for me.   :-[  dang...   I've installed resistance and haven't tried it with it yet...  :-\

Pow3r

« Reply #43 on: 28 Aug 2002, 08:14:31 »
nope nothing works still... I'm afraid you guys are just gonna give up on me cuz this is so strange  :(   I just remembered I put the gunslinger editor addon in.  I have no idea if it could or not but perhaps this addon keeps one from using ctrl for this purpose??   This is the only thing I can think of that is keeping me from bein successfull here.  Gonna take that addon out and maybe that'll correct this issue.
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2002, 08:21:31 by Pow3r »

Pow3r

« Reply #44 on: 28 Aug 2002, 08:27:51 »
nope...  removing the addon and tryin' everything didn't change a thing.  help...   please and thanks guys.  :(