Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What? not a PBO?  (Read 994 times)

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
What? not a PBO?
« on: 05 Dec 2002, 19:48:01 »
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place for my Q, but I'll ask anyway.
 I downloaded a cuple of things lately and by my surprise they not coming in PBO format ??? :o
 The thing is that they don't even come in a folder and they not even zipped, extrange.
 The one is the latest version of the Walkers Pak, after I finished the download all I get instead of a zipped folder as usual is a fille call Wallkerpack.rar
 The other one is another russian weapons pak, is the Mail's man weapons pak and it comes in a fille like that  Mailman's-pak.ace, the same again, no folder no zipped.
 Any one knows what I supose to do with this stuff.
 If this post is it the wrong place, please, do not locke it, move it so I can hoppefully get some answers.
Thanks.
@CERO.
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2002, 19:48:55 by @cero »
SCREWBY!!!

Wires

Re:What? not a PBO?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Dec 2002, 04:29:18 »
.rar and .ace are just diff types of compressed files. WinRAR and I think the other is WinACE do those types of files. I don't know why anyone would use these as they are nowhere near as prolific as WinZip and people get confused.

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
Re:What? not a PBO?
« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2002, 08:06:05 »
Thanks Wires, I wouldn't know on my own, and yes you got the names right, I went to Google and search for them two tipe of fille compresion things and there I founded them. I take it that Winzip won't unzipthem, so I'm going to have to download them two programs :-\
 Never mind, I hoppe them weapon paks are worth it.
 Thanks a lot Wires.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!