Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: We all want Vietnam missions....  (Read 4650 times)

Orion8th

We all want Vietnam missions....
« on: 28 Nov 2002, 22:40:11 »
This I know....  ;D

But...the 1969 Vietnam campaign by Spanky-G is great, except for one thing.....I REALLY wish those Blackhawks in the campaigns were UH-1's.

If SG ever reads here....would it be possible to update the campaign using Nam pack 2 Huey's?

I think it would polish it off perfectly.

Now......who else is making campaigns? I am working on a couple missions....but all noob stuff. I am still practicing :)

Thanks all,
OZ

rdragongaming

Re:We all want Vietnam missions....
« Reply #1 on: 01 Dec 2002, 20:17:53 »
Hey Orion8th,

As per your question:
Now......who else is making campaigns?

We are currently working on one, details will be elaborated to everyone sometime in the near future..  :); as for your question on the NAM campaign, I would be willing to start a project for a Large NAM campaign if I can get a little help from some of you guys here at the boards  ;)  Anyways, if any of you guys out there would like to see a new NAM campaign/ would be willing to help on one (won't elaborate on that either as to keep this a  forum topic and not a Training Depot subject.  ::))    

Well, Let me know!

The Grunt
- Raging Dragon Gaming

Phantom

« Reply #2 on: 02 Dec 2002, 11:26:55 »
Me and The Flid Merchant of Venice are working on 4-5 VietNam missions now, I also have prior mod experience, and I'd be willing to lend a hand.
Just to give u some info, the missions are similar to what happened at LZ X-Ray, but a little different, SEALs go in, the night before and secure the place, and snipers move out to observe. Then the next mission is you going in by way of a major chopper insertion, about 48 guys i think, though that could come down, then you fight, then fight at night, then fight again the next day and withdraw, plus you'll be able to make use of some of the great napalm and artillery scripts out there.

Phantom

rdragongaming

« Reply #3 on: 02 Dec 2002, 22:49:23 »
Phantom,

Sounds like a pretty good mission. Feel free to send me an early beta of the missions if you would like, would be glad to help out (suggestions and such).

Since your already working on a few missions, maybe we can incorporate those missions (possibly with a slightly different storyline (characters etc.)) into a large campaign (upwards of 25 missions). We usually only commit to large campaigns so, like I said, with a little help...  

P.S. Thanks for the offer of help, I'll start contacting you VIA e-mail to discuss this "possible" campaign.  ;D

G'day

The Grunt

- Raging Dragon Gaming

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2002, 07:25:57 »
When you guys get the missions going, can you please inject them with a dose of reality? I've seen missions starting to come out where a squad of marines secure an LZ for Air cav ops.... it "may" have happened at one point, but seriously, I hope folks do some research before beginning :)

Snypers realistic mission tutorial and Phaedens old tutorial on how to make a 5 paragraph warning order will go a looong way to making these missions at least feel more realistic.

I personally would rather play a slighty less "fun" mission if it were more grounded in reality and standard SOP.

Just my 2 cents.

Ebud
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2002, 07:27:17 »
http://editing.deltaforcecommand.org.uk/lusty/tutorials/briefingexample.htm

here's the old briefing tutorial.

I wish more folks would use this.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 03 Dec 2002, 14:12:14 »
I completely agree mate, this is a simulation after all

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #7 on: 03 Dec 2002, 14:36:00 »
iwanna make nam mision  ;D but i dont have ny info bout da nam war  :-\ - ny1 can help mein dis ?  ;)  ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Phantom

« Reply #8 on: 03 Dec 2002, 14:57:11 »
books mate, lot's of 'em.
i started reading about the SAS at the start of the year, now i probably know more about them than anyone else on this forum. Unless they are/were in the regiment of course.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #9 on: 03 Dec 2002, 15:01:06 »
da prob is dat its hard 2 find a nam books over here   :( nd my eng is even worse dan dat  ;)  ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Stalker

« Reply #10 on: 03 Dec 2002, 20:19:54 »
I wanna make good NAM campaign...as soon as I DL NAM pack 2 (only 50% left). I wish to make a "We were soldiers" like mission using CoC command engine.

rdragongaming

« Reply #11 on: 03 Dec 2002, 22:43:10 »
Affirmative on that gentlemen, if we do make a NAM campaign, it will be made for realism, not excitment.  

;D

The Grunt

- Raging Dragon Gaming

Quang Tri

« Reply #12 on: 04 Dec 2002, 03:09:53 »
Hi I agree We need MORE Vietnam era Missions I have about 5 Missions done for my campaign Of course using Seb 2.0 ;D

If you have some missions done beta or not send them my way ill post them so we the nam fans can share them

I also agree I would like to try and keep them more realistic.
I mean yes you can only go so far with a game but i have played one guys mission where your on patrol an ran into waht he called a vc recon of about 30 troops ???? those kind I wont play again or post on my site

Quang Tri

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #13 on: 04 Dec 2002, 06:21:43 »
I wouldn't go saying some1 has to read a book to learn about 'NAM, nor it be teached to one. Personally I've found a huge amount of info on the net, ofcourse the material could be written by anyone, but still, there's some awesome stories out there.

Pretty much all you have to do is search. Type in "vietnam operations" and your halfway there. And if you stump on just a list like this (don't mind the errors, it's supposed to be just informative) then take an op name out and search for results with it. Your there!  ;D Doesn't that look doable in ofp or what?! Yes, although a repetition of the events in LZ X-Ray, or the other way around, and a model for op's to come. It's the airmobile way. It's how the war was fought... So we need to break from those chackles to create a little bit freshness, forget air superiority, take a walk in the mud.

Here's a nice diary of events in Op Kentucky, starts off promising and surely gives guidelines for creating atmosphere. You might wanna copy/paste that text tho, I got jungle vision after a few minutes of that  ;)

Don't forget to use some of these in your briefing/mission  :D That might be a good source of info of 'NAM in general.

« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2002, 06:28:01 by MI_Fred »
There's gooks over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn monkeys talk, I'll bite ya.

Phantom

« Reply #14 on: 04 Dec 2002, 07:09:45 »
After what I've seen here I'm convinced, I REALLY do want to make a nice big Nam campaign. With missions for Marines, AirCav, SEALs, Green Berets and maybe some VC ones too.
My question is, how many people would be interested in actually supporting something like this? How would like to contribute?
If your interested in starting a 'Nam Campaign, drop me a line by way of e-mail or instant messaging so that the post don't get locked. I've started work on a 4-5 part series with Flid Merchant, just letting u know!.

Phantom