Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.  (Read 43215 times)

teeps

Re:SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.
« Reply #60 on: 28 Nov 2002, 11:32:19 »
Just have to add my appreciation to this thread.  Truely superb work.  I was amazed to see the ramp too!  Thanks for all the time and hard work you guys put in on this, its fantastic.
 ;D

Teeps

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #61 on: 28 Nov 2002, 11:32:41 »
Will there be a Aircraft Carrier & a Hovercraft in the airpack & armor module pack ???
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2002, 11:35:12 by BoNeCoLLeCToR »

supergruntsb78

« Reply #62 on: 28 Nov 2002, 11:41:25 »
oops forgot to say SPLENDID WORK GUYS  ;D  in my last reply  solllllllyyyy  

but truly is one of the greatest addons yet

viasko

« Reply #63 on: 28 Nov 2002, 12:34:49 »
awesome!!!!great job,sebnam team!!!!the sebnampack 2 is the best addon for flash i ever saw!!!!!BIG UP!!!!

i have an idea for some misc-addons:

1. rice vases
2.what about some tunnels
3.animals like bulls
4.wood shelters

other addons:

1.boats of the riverine forces like zippo/monitor

pepper2k

« Reply #64 on: 28 Nov 2002, 13:17:58 »
What happened to Berzys M113? It didn't make it to the pack? :o If you're there Berzy, tell me how you're planning to release it.. Thx.

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #65 on: 28 Nov 2002, 14:02:12 »
A Big thanks from the SEB Team for all the comments (good and bad ;)). We're pleasently surprised by the small number of bug reports given the size and complexity of the pack.

Having said that there have been some bugs detected. We're still looking for more and depending on the severity will then decide ho wbest to handle it. Given the size of the pack, we don't want to have to keep releasing updates, so we may wait until the armor or air module is complete before addressing the current bugs.

Current bugs:

1) lack of ranging gear on the mortor
2) wrong sight on the stoner
3) missing texture oh6 rotors
4) used Kegetys's old rpg7 info - get updated files from 1.1
5) rpd scope wrong not as round as model
6) Pilot glasses showing?
7) Resistance Villager1 - wrong weapon
8) some reports of crashing-cause unknown at this stage

number 7) is easy to fix, the Resistance side Villager1 uses the standard AK47, not the high dispersion ones in NP2. Just put this in the init line to correct it.

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "sebak47mag"; this addweapon "sebak47"; this addmagazine "sebak47mag"; this addmagazine "handgrenade"; this addmagazine "handgrenade"

Keep the bug reports coming.

Pic from a Dinger mission. the Air Cav are storming a DsHK and Mortar position. They all came up over the small rise and got on line and just all opened up firing...
SelectThis
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2002, 14:04:12 by SelectThis »

pertti49

« Reply #66 on: 28 Nov 2002, 15:45:05 »
How can i use the radio operator? notised in list that there is weapon as radio and when ill choose it and press left mouse there comes out that radio noise?
greetings:pertti49

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #67 on: 28 Nov 2002, 16:06:20 »
The radio is classed as a "weapon" for the purposes of OFP.

This means you can use the "unit hasWeapon weaponName" command to detect if a unit has the radio.

eg player hasWeapon "sebprc25"
you can then use this in a condition line to enable things..eg the radio for calling arty.

an example would be a script to detect whether the RTO was alive and had the prc25 radio, if they are then you have access to arty, if not then the player or some other unit in your group would need to get to the dead RTO and take the Prc25 off them in order to reenable arty support.

I'm sure some of the scripting gurus would be able to knock something up in a matter of minutes :)

SelectThis

viper172

« Reply #68 on: 28 Nov 2002, 17:28:44 »
sorry i couldn't reply before but training took longer before i had a chance to try it very very nice work guys i am amazed
with your work and the details that you put on the units a real ant work i'm now looking for good sp missions using the pack congratulations big congratulation for this truly amazing pack.Sure there are some bugs but we can but it really doesn't disminish your wor and let's remember the size of the pack i think bis can thank you for making OFP live longer and longer.
Looking forward for other releases of your work carry on guys
viper172 out ;D ;D ;) ;)

knepo

« Reply #69 on: 28 Nov 2002, 17:45:03 »
I have now played with a lot from the pack, and i must say that this is the most complete ofp-pack ever. And it's sooo nice ;D. loved the secial units with diffrent headgear, specialy the lrrp group leader. Now we can make missions with a group of 8-10 units and they all have different look. ;D ;D ;D
This gives more life to OFP.

GREEK

« Reply #70 on: 28 Nov 2002, 19:37:40 »
SEB let me just say ever since u promised this pack on the OPERATION VIETNAM FORUMS i've been looking forward to seeing this and now that i have it let me say WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW that is amazing i mean you even made new hats some folded in diffrent directions good work on the detail the only bug i noticed is that on some of the troops the is a small back pack around the hips (so its actually a hip pack ;D ) it disapears when you walk thre meters away
by the way i have a question how can i order an AI pilot to lower his visor with much thanks THE GUY WRITING THIS POST

GREEK

« Reply #71 on: 28 Nov 2002, 19:39:57 »
Ok it seems to have sent me an error so i'll write this again GREAT PACK GOOD ATTENTION TO DETAIL
only bug i saw was the little pack on some soliders hip that disapeared when i went about 2-3 meters away
one question how do i make an AI pilot lower his visor with thanks ME :)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #72 on: 28 Nov 2002, 20:15:59 »
ok just noticed the 90mm in there but its just bis's crappy attempt at a charlie g, how come ya didnt make a proper 90mm?

Eviscerator

« Reply #73 on: 28 Nov 2002, 20:26:58 »
GREEK: this might change on your keyboard but on mine you can do it via the radio (if you are leader, if not i think the this animate thing will work, but stt knows more about that than me) press `(key left of 1) 6  number of the visor animation also if you cant activate the helicopter animations while moving try using the same method to activate them, after doing it once my animations work all the time now :)

BoNeCoLLeCToR: there wont be an aircraft carrier, it would take months to model and texture, we are hopefully going to make all of the planes USAF (making the carrier not needed) although STT mentioned making a seperate USN/USMC texture that could be added like the nose art is atm, a hovercraft seems too hard to make in ofp, if you set it to travel at a normal speed in the water it would go really fast on land, or if you set it to go a normal speed on land it would go the same speed as the BRDM/BMP in water, so basically it would have to be just a big boat, i would like to see a proper landing craft to go with the LVTP-5, although you might be able to persuade ebud to make a hovercraft :)
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2002, 20:40:27 by Eviscerator »

Quang Tri

« Reply #74 on: 28 Nov 2002, 20:28:06 »
All I can say is WOW!!

Great Job all who took part in this pack it really is top notch ;D

THANK YOU ALL!!

p.s Any one like to share their great new missions using this pack send them my way ill post them for you.. I have my first three missions done for a campaign Using this great pack ;)

Quang Tri