Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Suggestion: Co-op mission packs  (Read 1523 times)

Heners_UK

Suggestion: Co-op mission packs
« on: 23 Nov 2002, 15:20:57 »
Me and my OFP gang generally like to play co-op missions. Now, you may think that this is easy as everyone and thier grandmother has released a co-op mission. However, we tend to find it frustrating to get a new mission, unzip it, find its obscure name on the list of new missions and then play it.

Then we have to start that whole process again, probably meaning we have to leave our game.

Now, a while back we discovered some decent map packs from sources long forgotton. We have had singlely more fun on these organised groups of missions, that were usually prefixed with some unique tag, thus grouping them on the mission list (i.e. [H] Mission Name).

Most also installed well, i.e. one zip to unzip, rather than thousands (thanks FlashpointArena.com). Perfect packs would have addons included, and the directory structure defined (i.e. missions in /MPMissions and addons in /Addons, you just unzip into OperationFlashPoint DIR).

So, my apeal to you is to make similar, well organised, easy to use packs of your own work.

The basic requirements of a good pack are:
1. Missions tagged or similar so they group together on the map list and are easy to find (this is probably the most important thing, when we decide to play all the missions by one developer).
2. One Zip/installer for the whole thing
3. Addons included (if possible, links to them definatly).

Go ahead and play with the above. If you want to group many missions together by diffrent authors for one map pack, go ahead (if they let you).

I can garuntee you that server admins will stop pulling thier hair out looking for fresh material to play on.

Heners_UK

Heners_UK

Re:Suggestion: Co-op mission packs
« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2002, 21:00:50 »
Except they didnt include the addons or even decent links to them.

Forsaken

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2002, 01:02:29 »
Watch out for a Multi-Player Co-Op version of Paratroopers at around Christmas time (If we ever manage to get the SP version finished :(

;)

Heners_UK

« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2002, 16:52:29 »
It doesnt mean mission makers should make 12 entirely new missions for a pack. Just package up the ones you have.