Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MRLS Fires At Laser  (Read 2872 times)

Offline BRSHiFi

• Members
MRLS Fires At Laser
« on: 12 Sep 2014, 05:30:56 »
About 10 years ago, I was an extremely active member on this forum under a name I have long since forgotten. That was back in the days of the Original Cold War Crisis game. I had lots of fun, mainly writing missions. I became pretty good at it. I am a recently graduated Electrical Engineer. I specialize in mixed analog/digital and embedded systems. I therefore program in just about any language, mainly C and C++.

I have some time on my hands and discovered ARMA3. The game play, if memory serves me right, is very similar to the original. The graphics are so much better and there is just so much more to this game. Frankly, I feel overwhelmed. As with any new system, I just have to goof around to learn it.

I decided to learn the scripting interface to ARMA3 by writing a small mission where a detachment of NATO forces is cutoff by the CSAT. The player is surrounded in the Altis swamp and needs to designate targets for NATO MRLS units to demolish CSAT fortified positions to allow the detachment to reach saftey. The player is a sniper spotter and the partner (the sniper) is playable.

Which commands should I reference if I want to use the radio to request MRLS units to fire at the laser dot?

A big thanks from a long time Flashpoint Fan :)

Offline BRSHiFi

• Members
Re: MRLS Fires At Laser
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2014, 19:37:59 »
OK, I just set up a support module. It is pretty self explanatory. I posted too soon thinking this system was more like the original game.

My bad.

I will continue to ask some questions and request members of the forum to eventually beta my mission.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2014, 20:23:17 »
:welcome:
Welcome back. :)

No worries, was about to come and post about the supports module stuff.
If you find the game's own arty to be too inaccurate it is possible to guide it via scripting, at least should be.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline BRSHiFi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2014, 21:40:21 »
My mission is beginning to take shape.

There is a knowsabout trigger I placed to trigger some radio chatter between the player and a central command entity.

Some questions:
How to I set this up so custom speech (such as "T100 tanks spotted, please advise over") is consistent with the built in functionality speech (such as "Return to Formation)? I do not want the player sounding like two different people. Do I need to voice act everything, or does the game somehow synthesize the characters voices?

I also have a partner, a playable person, who also needs a consistent voice profile.

Third, there will be an entity that will function as NATO high command. It will have its own voice profile issuing orders to the player and setting tasks based upon advice given to it by the player. Note, this is all scripted.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2014, 07:31:16 »
Do I need to voice act everything, or does the game somehow synthesize the characters voices?
The game voices are all pre-recorded so you either have to voice act, or use some text-to-speech program (although these can sound a bit odd of course).

Also, as this appears to be for Multiplayer maybe I should move this thread to the MP section.  :scratch:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline sdfghjhrd

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 07 Nov 2014, 09:04:21 »
Third, there'll be Associate in Nursing entity that may operate as North Atlantic Treaty Organization leaders. it'll have its own voice profile issue orders to the player and setting tasks based mostly upon recommendation given to that by the player. Note, this is often all scripted .
I even have a partner, a playable person, United Nations agency additionally desires a standardized voice profile.

translation services uk
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2014, 09:43:52 by sdfghjhrd »