Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Anyone interested in helping me create a mod?  (Read 5980 times)

Offline birdman027

• Members
Anyone interested in helping me create a mod?
« on: 28 Aug 2014, 18:12:34 »
First of all, if I'm breaking any forum rules, I wholeheartedly apologize as I have been banned from Armaholic for asking for help to create a mod.

I'm basically looking to create a mod from the ground up. It's going to be similar to Island Life from ArmA 2 OA, but way better and with much better scripts. I'm a novice scripter who's doing his B.Sc. in Computer science at the moment so I will help with the scripting. We can even just simply modify Altis Life's scripts and just add/remove what we want.

There will be classes of cars eg. Lower, Middle & Upper as well as some special super cars for super donators. Super donators will be able to purchase houses and furnish them as well as being able to save air vehicles etc. Non-donators will only be able to save one vehicle and will only have access to pistols and maybe one rifle.

Player will be able to make money legally or illegally. Legal jobs are like taxi, mining jobs (can even put in a skill system where players will have to get a skill of let's say 100 to mine gold) etc. Illegal jobs are as easy (but dangerous) as going to a druglord NPC and buying a kilo of coke for maybe 25K and selling it for 45k (maybe?). Or by planting marijuana (which may take about an hour ingame to grow) and selling it to a drug pusher NPC for a wholesale price.

Because we want to implement a housing system, we will need a map with alot of enterable houses (not altis, maybe a rework of fallujah or taviana or something like that) but yeah, basically a nice island where we can place enterable houses and special mansions for super donators.

Please, if anyone is interested in helping to create this mod (needs to be familiar with either programming or adding car addons) please contact me at any of the following:

email: birdman027@gmail.com
steam: beatveteran
ts3: ts.ob-gaming.com (ask for Marley)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Anyone interested in helping me create a mod?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2014, 19:51:50 »
Welcome to OFPEC :welcome:

I moved this post here because the General Announcements board is for OFPEC's announcements.
Also used this Arma3 board as I judged from mentioning Altis that this would be for Arma3.. :P

Anyhoo, good luck with your quest. :)
Just remember that if you're going to take someone elses scripts and start modifying them you need to have permissions to do so, and adhere to any rules said possible permissions are granted with.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.