Home   Help Search Login Register  

Advertisement

Author Topic: How can I randomize a cut scene?  (Read 1501 times)

How can I randomize a cut scene?
« on: 20 Jul 2014, 16:42:20 »
Hi there!

I pretty sure this question will be easy... I have a tv that plays cut scenes via the action menu... is it possible to have it randomize between 4 different cut scenes? I have 4 different angles watching the same location and would like to have it play one of 4 different scenes, I'll try lay out what I mean below...

Player uses action menu to call up vid...
tv3act1 =  tv3 addaction ["Access East Outpost CCTV.","vidOutpost.sqs"];

then would like to have vidOutpost.sqs play 1 of 4 cut scenes play randomly:

cut scene 1
or
cut scene 2
or
cut scene 3
or
cut scene 4
exit

I have the cuts scenes completed so just need help with the randomize part  ???. any help is much appreciated! :)

Oh - also does anyone know if it's possible to end a cut scene before it ends on it's own? Meaning if someone is watching but wants to leave the cut scene - is there a button or command I could implement so that they could exit the video? Am I crazy for asking this stuff?!   :blink:
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2014, 16:46:55 by ÐurbanPoison™ »

Offline Gruntage

• How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: How can I randomize a cut scene?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2014, 17:57:10 »
I'm not very knowledgeable about multiplayer scripting, but I can give you some idea of how to get random results.

Simplest solutions are often the best. I would use a system of generating a random number and assigning a corresponding cutscene of the generated number is above or below a certain amount.

Example:

Code: [Select]
_number = random 5

? _number <= 1: goto "scene1"
? _number > 1 and <= 2: goto "scene2"

etc

I imagine something along those lines would work for you. It's been a while since I last did scripting, but this was a system I frequently used to generate randon results. As always, syntax not guaranteed.

Hope this helps you out.
Some of the most memorable missions made involve the player doing very little...

"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba