Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Arma help  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Kane49

• Members
Arma help
« on: 12 Mar 2013, 22:38:01 »
Well when i put down flashpoint years ago and got into other games i find myself with Arma Combat Ops.Map Editing came easy for me in Flashpoint with making anything happen in game but this editor seems different are the Int. Commands different and how do i put them in a waypoint theres no line to.Unless im missing something can some one help...

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Arma help
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2013, 09:34:29 »
Welcome to OFPEC :welcome:

Not sure if I understand what you're talking about, there still is a line 'on Act.' in the waypoint properties for using code in. :dunno:
You should consider though that using waypoints to initiate events in your missions is very bad practise due to the slightly unpredictable way they work. In case of player following waypoints they may never get activated, and the AI may also decide not to reach some waypoint for some reason or another.
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2013, 17:16:08 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Kane49

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2013, 15:38:18 »
Ok i see they change the the INT to Act.Now that will cause the command to happen but i should go with a trigger instead is that what your saying?.Oh and are the commands the same in Arma as in Flashpoint because i have all that Flashpoint stuff in a note book lol .Hope i dont need to print out the commands again.  And thanks for getting back so quick i thought that being Arma is getting old did not expect someone to get back.

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2013, 17:18:47 »
Most of the commands from OFP are present in ArmA. You can find an extensive list of the commands here

There's also a nice program called ArmaEdit, which also has a list of ArmA commands plus some scripting wizards.

Hope that helps
Gruntage
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2013, 17:21:14 »
Just like Gruntage above says all the scripting commands from OFP are in use, apart from couple of exceptions.
Can't remember what the others were but at least the command object no longer works like it did in OFP.

There's also a ton of new ones added in Arma.

EDIT:
forgot to reply to this:
but i should go with a trigger instead is that what your saying?
Yes, triggers should be more reliable.
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2013, 17:32:51 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Kane49

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2013, 17:32:40 »
 :D You guys are a great help to me getting started in my editing again.I will be up to speed in no time hopefully ill have some great missions to be played in the near future. Question do you know of a good working arty sqript i tryed Reapers Arty2 but it has issues in Arma but i tryed it.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2013, 02:24:58 »
Lots of artillery scripts in our Editors Depot. Check this out.

Offline Kane49

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 14 Mar 2013, 14:59:15 »
Most or all arty  scripts are for OpRes.Most are to high tech for what i need.Now Reapers Arty2 Script is close but there's a error in a line in the options menu that wont let it work in Arma. So i think my next move will be to contact Reaper on this.And all so when i try to have troops eject out of a helo for a drop but only the team leader jumps whats happening here lol
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2013, 17:50:22 by Kane49 »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2013, 23:13:47 »
Hmmm, You don't need to combine topics in one thread. You also should use the search feature since there are already topics on ejecting troops and paradrops, etc. You should also rename your thread titles to be more informative of what the topic is, not "Arma help".

To answer that last question though, we would need more info about how you're actually doing it. But before you post a new thread on it, make sure you are ejecting the whole group and not just the leader, make sure you also unassign them from the helo if you moved them into it, and then make sure you've searched for threads related to this with key words such as Ejection and paradrop scripts.

The artillery may still be usable in Arma if its just a script. You may only have to replace class names to get them to work correctly. You can find those in the COMREF as well. Weapons, Vehicles

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 27 Mar 2013, 10:09:10 »
ARMA 1 is very buggy, AI keeps skipping or not executing waypoints at all, makes its own routes which is very annoying when you want to make a straight-forward mission, not to mention AI acting dumb all the time. I suggest you upgrading to ARMA II or going back to ARMA