Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New Russian Vehicles  (Read 3741 times)

Offline greywulf58

• Members
New Russian Vehicles
« on: 16 Nov 2012, 19:17:56 »
I have posted this topic on some other ArmA/ArmA II forums and I thought it might be good to post it here as well.

I have looked at many of the modern Russian vehicle mods that are available for these simulations but I have yet to find the ones that I have listed below. All of these vehicles are based on the T-72 chassis.

1) BMP-T "Ramka/Terminator" tank support fighting vehicle. The turret of the T-72 MBT is replaced with a smaller one. Armament: Twin barrel 30mm 2A42 auto-cannons; 2x AG17D 30mm grenade launchers; 4x launcher for the 130mm 9M120-1 Ataka-T ATGM; 1x 7.62mm PKTM MG. This vehicle was developed by the Russians as an urban fighting vehicle during the first Chechen war and is still used today.

2) TOS-1 (Buratino) and TOS-1A (Soltsepek) 220mm MRLS. The TOS-1 has 30 rockets and the TOS-1A has 24. Warheads for these rockets is a 90 Kg thermobaric/incendiary. I have seen videos of this weapons system on YouTube and it looks very impressive and very sinister as well.

I will be getting my photogammetry software back from a friend of mine by the end of the year and I would like to try my hand at modeling these weapon systems. Although I can do the design work, I would need help with making them work. If anyone is interested in helping me with these projects after I have finished the design work, please contact me via email.

Greywulf.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.