Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Synchronization not working  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
[SOLVED]Synchronization not working
« on: 29 Aug 2012, 12:21:50 »
I have encountered a little problem. I made an objective to clear out Montignac. I set a trigger to "NOT PRESENT" East. and in activation field i wrote "1" objStatus "DONE". So, whenever Soviets will be pushed out of Montignac, first objective is done. Well, that works. Now i want reinforcements to arrive when Montignac is clear. So i made a group with a truck, set them all in cargo and gave the leader a waypoint to Montignac. I connected the trigger to the waypoint with synchronize. However, reinforcements ignore the synchronization and they arrive to Montignac at the beggining of the mission.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2012, 13:07:15 by Gruntage »

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: Synchronization not working
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2012, 12:49:40 »
Interesting. Ok, give your group with the truck two waypoints. Put one waypoint very close to where they start, and the second waypoint in the centre of Montignac. Make the first waypoint 'HOLD', make the second waypoint 'MOVE' (or GET OUT).

Make sure that your trigger is set to 'switch'. Synchronise it with the first waypoint. That should fix the problem. If not, I'll make a sample mission for you.

The reason why the truck was moving to the town regardless of whether the trigger has triggered is because the vehicle will always move to the location of the synchronised waypoint and wait. The synchronisation basically stops the vehicle from moving any further until a condition is met.

Hope that helps
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
Re: Synchronization not working
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2012, 13:05:29 »
Thanks! It worked, and i didnt even need to set the trigger to switch. All i had to do is make a waypoint very close to the location of the truck, then synchronize it, and make one more waypoint. Now it works. GReat, thanks ;) . I dont know what i would do without OFPEC  :D