Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP/A2CO] Initial Entry version 1.0 (REVIEW COMPLETE)  (Read 5300 times)

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Hi folks,

here comes a follow up mission for Operation Aqua Lion where some reserve marines are tasked to create a beachhead on Chernarus mainland.

No known bugs spotted by me during this version, no addons required.
Have fun and please provide feedback.

EDIT: Thanks to the helpful beta test by SaOK, I can provide Beta 3 of my mission.

EDIT 2: Due to no further feedback and not bugs spotted by myself, I ask for a review of this one.
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2012, 11:30:14 by Gruntage »

Offline Wiki

• Members
Re: [SP/A2CO] Initial Entry Beta 1
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2012, 18:51:54 »
couldn't play the mission a lot, but here is my feedback ftm:

-add weapon selection at briefing screen.
-make different objectives -1)barrack 2)control tower 3)airport 4)balota- instead of 1 big objective, it would be better.
-when the AI respawn, we have the hint "AI respawn".
search in the AI Respawn folder and files to remove it. there is a line, maybe in the init respawn file...
-I think you should remove the AI respawn

morefeedback to come
« Last Edit: 05 May 2012, 13:04:25 by Wiki »

Offline Willsdorf

• Members
Re: [SP/A2CO] Initial Entry Beta 1
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2012, 11:16:39 »
Hello,
I play in vanilla.

Intro

The intro doesn't work for me. I have an error message about "titletext".
Maybe make an intro in a briefingroom, like in the first mission in arma 2 campaign.

Briefing

No problem with the briefing but maybe separate the airport objective and the harbourg objective in the task.

Mission

It's a nice mission.
You must remove the hint "AI respawn" and place the respawn marker far away. The ennemy squad spawn directly in front of us.

The first Su25 isn't locked  :whistle: , I don't test the others.
\"Qui n\'entend qu\'une cloche n\'entend qu\'un son.\"

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP/A2CO] Initial Entry Beta 2
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2012, 12:41:47 »
Thanks to Wiki and Willsdorf, I can provide Beta 2 of my mission. Please refer to the first post for download and have fun with it.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2012, 18:51:26 »
Hello,

I played the mission trough in 13 minutes, cool atmosphere still very easy mission. I basically ran from task to next without facing much resistance and the units in hangars/storages were sitting ducks. If they have skill set to zero, it could be much higher. There could more challenges that would put player in real danger, e.g. air support could be cut off, and player would need to ambush some attaking tanks. With the available gear, I had 10 men with AT-launchers but there was no need for one.

Intro feeled long with the camera attached to the AI vehicle that drove really slow and drunk, before crashing into shilka. Could be more cameras in that, some more scenes. The outro was better and looked good, only flaw was a tanks driving over friendly soldier. The infantry could be moved more far from those.

Mission started with this error:
Code: [Select]
Error in expression <act fast and aggressive.","Plain Down"];~8>
  Error position: <~8>
  Error Invalid number in expression

Also there was no custom identity. Else all worked good. Expanding the mission with more radiochatting and extra more challening tasks would make it feel more complete.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jun 2012, 19:04:01 »
Hey SaOk,

thank you for your test! It gives me much to think and change about my mission, but it will be for the better.

Cheers

Mathias

EDIT: Mission updated, please see first post for download!
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2012, 16:21:02 by mathias_eichinger »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [SP/A2CO] Initial Entry Beta 3
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jul 2012, 04:36:16 »
Need to get that first post looking proper  :whistle:
Played with 1.60 regular.
Overview
Consider filling in the image with all black rather than white and black. It looks a little silly, two toned like that.
Force Recon provided us with a foothold on the island of Utes. We will hit the mainland in force and take out targets in Balota.
I think it would read better with these words..."Now it's our turn to hit the mainland in force and take out targets in Balota.

Intro
Static cameras aren't capturing much action. I can hear the Russian team leader issuing orders to move, the jeep starts up and rolls around a bit but not much visually appealing here. The next scene also feels like the camera could have had more creative placement.

Briefing
Good info, filled me in perfectly on what was expected. I see the gear load out is chocked full of options. Understandable to equip infantry with standard issued gear and no options but this IS a game after all.

Mission
The slow cruising helo was too much I think. I would have let him cruise at normal speed, let the player see some of the fireworks and then do a quick insert. I also feel the insertion zones are all wrong. Those helos were sitting ducks on that strip. I would have landed the players' helo on the far eastern end and let them clear the two warehouses and then join the other squads at the western end. I would land one helo to the north of the airfield, behind the warehouses in that open field and have them approach the strip from that direction. The third helo would have put his team in to the west of the airfield in the open fields and moved in from that direction, all teams converging on the western end and moving on to the harbor. You could then land reinforcements on the strip immediately following the strip security.

I liked the response of the armor. It was not overkill but redirected our focus from the main objective temporarily to deal with incoming threats before pushing forward. I would like to see some more reinforcements arrive just as the first three squads are pushing toward the harbor. The player could trigger them as he enters the village and they either pull up in transports or ride in on vehicles with mounted guns. Just something to keep it alive to the very end.
 I would then setcaptive some units near the harbor and then uncaptive them once the three squads get within a certain range of the harbor yard. As it is, there are only a few units within the barracks to eliminate to clear each area. I would definitely load those warehouses and hangars up with crates, or objects or empty vehicles to at least make it seem like there was something there to defend. It also gives the AI something to hide behind and forces the player to enter and conduct CQB as well as prevent the AI from being shot or shooting the player while the doors are closed.

Add a countdown and throw in a quick camera to circle the player or zoom out from the player with some radio chatter or something before you end the mission. It ends abruptly, as soon as the last enemy is killed. You could even create the camera on the player, pull back slowly and have a helo zip over the camera(bringing more troops to the airfield) before it pans left or right to show the AAV's coming to shore. Then you could fade the scene to black.

Outro
Your camera angles are static and don't take in enough action or life. The last scene sits on an unmoving AAV for far too long. The moment the vehicle begins to move, the scene ends.

Overall
Adjust the insertions, throw out that slow moving ride, add some responders while the groups are transitioning between airstrip and harbor, tweak the cinema and add some custom sound(there is plenty out there to find in other folks missions). It's a great, fast paced mission that is worthy of following Aqua Lion so long as you polish the details just right. Look forward to testing the update.
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2012, 04:41:00 by savedbygrace »

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP/A2CO] Initial Entry version 1.0 (Please review)
« Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2012, 12:25:17 »
Due to no further feedback, I am asking for a review of this mission.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2012, 15:01:15 »
I can review this one. I let you know if I find any issues while final testing.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 Dec 2012, 12:14:20 »
Took long, but the review is finally ready and readable here:
http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?action=details&amp;id=304

ps.Can someone move this thread to right place?