Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: folder not found  (Read 1213 times)

Offline goldspur1302

• Members
folder not found
« on: 05 Jan 2012, 20:13:33 »
hey people,

about 2 weeks ago i decided to replay OFP1985 after 6-7years and have a strange problem.
When i save an edited mission,i can't find the "saved"folder in my OFP directory.
Now I know it's been a while since i've played and edited but I'm sure I know where to look
(codemasters/users/.....) and the folder simply doesn't exist.
I tried creating a folder myself in the directory but saved missions don't end up in it,they simply disappear into the twilight zone.I can access them in the game but impossible to locate in the OFP directory.Tried reinstalling but no use.
Can anyone help me and explain the cause.

Tnx.

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: folder not found
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2012, 20:26:30 »
I think you have to click the 'compatibility files' option when viewing the ofp directory to access the 'user saved' missions.
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2012, 00:20:08 »
Man, I also had that problem. It's fixed when I changed it of directory, so the computer was from my brother and I need permission to add some folder to C//: Disk. So I decided mover it to my docs, and now user folder is added.

I hope it helps
Regards,
Aldo15
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline goldspur1302

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2012, 06:42:33 »
@gruntage,
tried it but still nothing.
Tnx anyway.

@aldo15,
moved the whole OFPfolder under administrator and it worked!

thanks a lot guys,you made an old soldier very happy!