Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: usable config.cpp for ArmA Cold War Assault (v 1.99)  (Read 5673 times)

Offline stanalonis

• Members
I don't know if this question belongs here here or not.  we know that operation flashpoint has been patched to 1.99 and renamed Arma Cold War Assault, but much of the config is still the same, or is it?

I attempted to derapify the config.bin, here.  that post is a record of my struggles in modifying (through mod folders of course) the original Arma, if you will, all the fun flashpoint toys that BI started with, and add some AI tweaks and changes to a few vehicles.  my attempts at turning the bin into a useable cpp have all failed.  My solution was downloading a mod that allows the old flashpoint engine to fit inside a wide screen monitor (16:9) and it just happend to have a working full cpp I can modify to my heart's content.

I'm asking for a few things here
  • a how to in derapifying the 1.99 config.bin file into a cpp that can function in the flashpoint game, or
  • where may I find a usable cpp for 1.99

The reason I put the post in this forum is because I suspect more than just a name change at work here.  if we refer to the old flashpoint as ArmA CWC now, then there must be some ArmA specific changes to the config where different methods must be used to get a usable cpp from the default bin config.  so far all my modding experience has been with the old flashpoint game.  I do not have any of the ArmA games, so I haven't looked for specifics on how to mod them.  the class structure is different from the old flashpoint config, as flashpoint still uses a CfgVehicles class for ALL vehicles and not the structure that's found here.

I went through the OFP addons forums in my attempts to make a working 1.99 I can modify, but there's always a chance I missed something there.  so if my topic doesn't belong in this forum, admins you can relocate or lock this topic, but please guide me to how I can make a working 1.99 cpp file for the old flashpoint game.  I downloaded one that seems to work, yet I don't don't know why it works.  Any help is appreciated!
"There is no knowledge that is not power" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
Re: usable config.cpp for ArmA Cold War Assault (v 1.99)
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2012, 15:17:48 »
I'm a little confused why you would want to take a cwa config and attempt to revert it back to cwc (or resistance). the paths\to\files are different and why bother? why not simply put your favorite addons and missions into cwa and be done with it?

yes, there are bugs in 1.99, but they are far easier to overcome that (what seems to me) a quite pointless exercise in using identical addons and missions in an older (almost identical) exe

Just say no to bugz

Offline stanalonis

• Members
Re: usable config.cpp for ArmA Cold War Assault (v 1.99)
« Reply #2 on: 02 Feb 2012, 03:44:06 »
oh I'm making changes to the original vehicles, that's why I'm trying to make the default cpp available for me.  what I want to do is a bit global for a whole type of vehicle, and not just a specific one, or a copy of one.  I want to add some user actions to default vehicles.
"There is no knowledge that is not power" - Ralph Waldo Emerson