Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ArmA - BISPatch has stopped working  (Read 2021 times)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
ArmA - BISPatch has stopped working
« on: 04 Sep 2011, 17:17:36 »
Hallo folks, long time no see. I'm trying to play ArmA for the first time (yes I know I'm a bit behind) and am having trouble patching up to the current version. 1.05 worked fine, but when I try 1.08 it starts to work and then stops with a Windows error message in a wee pop up box:-

BISPatch has stopped working blah blah

The problem occurs some time after the "Checking file Addons\Anims.pbo" message appears.

The game appears to work at 1.05 although I haven't attempted to go beyond the main menu screen. Have tried patch files from two different mirrors so I don't think it's a corrupt download.

Any ideas?
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: ArmA - BISPatch has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2011, 21:51:57 »
Heh, a blast from the past :cool2:

The patching process could be a bit more sensible, it depends on what version you have bought and so on.

I've used ArmA website so at least some of those sets should work, just pick the right "category" for the version of the game you have bought.

Also you have to re-install the whole game from scratch when the patch installer fails because it has corrupted the pbo file it halts on and subsequent patching tries will halt there as well because the file is corrupt.

Other than that, don't really know why that would happen, don't remember having much problems with the patching myself.. :dunno:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.