Yes, that's right folks: OFPEC The Editing Center in cooperation with Bohemia Interactive Studios is officially announcing its next Mission Editing Competition
! This contest will challenge editors to focus their skills on creating a fully immersive mission that draws the player in and leaves them thirsting for more.The Rules
- The entry must be constructed from any of the the Arma 2 titles
- All Community members are welcome
- Each entry must be single-player, single mission, and contain a proper Overview, Briefing and cinematic Intro and Outro
- You may submit more than one entry
- Only missions that have not yet been released by 30 June 2011 are eligible for entry! (includes Beta releases)
- All entries MUST contain a Readme file in the download, crediting content from others, be it original or modified scripts etc. Failure to disclose or deliberate false representation is automatic disqualification
- Community addons are welcome, up to 1 GB. That's an upper limit, NOT a minimum limit! If you think a vanilla unit/island can do the job instead of an addon, go with vanilla. Only use addons if you really feel it is necessary and adds to the experience!
- No automatically/globally activated mods, e.g. AI mods, sound mods. Feel free to suggest using them, but do not make it a requirement (judging will be done without the mods loaded)
- No Total Conversion Mods, e.g. ACE, SLX. Feel free to make them compatible or optional, but not required (judging will be done without the mods loaded)
- You will be penalized for mistakes the addon maker has made! If the addon throws up error messages, causes havoc in the .rpt, is unoptimized, ugly, sounds bad or doesn't work properly, this will reflect in your score. So choose wisely if you decide to use addons!
The competition begins today, 1st July 2011, 00:00 GMT with a deadline of 1st September 2011, 00:00 GMT. Entries submitted after this time will not be accepted.The Judging
The entries will be judged by a panel of four anonymous Community members. The categories entries will be judged on are as follows:
- Originality - How fresh and creative the mission is
- Immersion - How captivating the mission is
- Technical framework - How well the mission design works
- Replayability - How freely the player can adopt his own tactics
- Overall - How the mission fits together as a whole
All entries that are found complete and free of bugs will be uploaded to OFPEC's Mission Depot Archives to stand alongside the greats from the past.The Prizes
You'll be competing for prizes provided to us by Bohemia Interactive Studios.1st Place
Arma2 : Reinforcements and an Arma2 backpack2nd Place
Arma2:OA tshirt, Arma2 wallet and a Takistan or Chernarus map3rd Place
Arma2:OA tshirt and a Takistan or Chernarus mapEntry Submission
Judging will not begin until September 2nd, 2011 after all entries are in. We encourage you to ensure that your mission is well tested for errors or flaws which could potentially affect your score. If you are certain that your mission has been thoroughly tested BUT NEVER RELEASED PUBLICLY BEFORE JUNE 30th, 2011 in any beta form and meets all contest requisites you may send a link for download via Private message to either mathias_eichinger
. We will accept your mission as a final version only and you will not be able to submit an update. So please triple check your efforts before submission.
If you are unsure of how to upload your mission for download, visit a file host such as GameFront.com
and sign up for a free membership. You will then be allowed to upload your mission for others to download. Once you have a link, simply paste that link in a private message to one of the admins above.The Drawline
There has been cause for concern regarding our drawing line of acceptable missions. We at OFPEC know well, the time it takes to invest into a proper mission so you're not alone in your feelings. It's a very difficult decision because we agree with much of what has been stated but we have to draw a line somewhere. If we were to allow missions from any time frame, then folks would be digging up their old missions as entries. The purpose of this contest it to not only show the community what a complete mission package should look like but to also generate more of those missions for future example and enjoyment. Aside from that, you could look at this contest as just that...a contest to test the experience that you've gained as an editor to see just what you CAN release in 60 days time. So in answer to this concern, we must adhere to the current rule.
This thread should be used to discuss any subject matter related to the competition. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MEC 2011 Participation in Order of Ranking
All entries were judged based on their condition at the time of deadline.