Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OPFPGOTY [SOLVED]  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Skyborn6

• Members
OPFPGOTY [SOLVED]
« on: 08 Mar 2011, 20:06:05 »
Ok, I purchased GOTY edition to my surprise I cannot do scripting on the editor, so unlike my old Ofp and resistance editions. Any help or 86 the game and get the original copies all over again????? I remember the old version I  had the boxes where you could add rank unit or group name. Not on this one, and I have purchased 2 of the editions online.
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2011, 03:21:27 by savedbygrace »
Beginner

Offline Lenyoga

• Professor of Misanthropology
  • Members
Re: OPFPGOTY
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2011, 20:56:12 »
I've got the GOTY Edition, too.

I downloaded the patch to version 1.96 (can't find it now) and set the editor to 'advanced' (in the game). I saw no differences to the original game (as far as I remember).
As a grandmother I've got lots of gold.

Offline Skyborn6

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2011, 21:35:02 »
Ok Lenyoga thanks, just checked and dont have the patch, will try it out and see.Tried and tested and feeling dumb, thanks again, that solved it. :no: wrong its not solved, seems as if the patch has made irregularties in the game instead of "fixing them", still no unit or rank boxes. The game cd is different than original game, could possible have corrupt files?
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2011, 13:46:40 by Skyborn6 »
Beginner

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 09 Mar 2011, 18:34:18 »
Try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. I have the GOTY edition and it works great for me with the 1.96 patch provided with it. Could it be that you got a corrupted download?

Offline Skyborn6

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 09 Mar 2011, 20:48:58 »
Reinstalled twice, wondering now about the disc, it might be bootlegged. By the way, is their another folder besides codemasters? The patch came with the disk and stated that it was downloaded properly, I remember back in the day you had to download the patch, go to res.addon folder and put it in it, things have changed alot.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2011, 22:15:35 by Skyborn6 »
Beginner

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2011, 19:13:14 »
Well, I'm not sure, but it could be that when you install the OFP, some files are missing.
When I installed OFP,  this game didn't wanted to work, but the last version had a file called "SetupReg" when I hit it, this game started to work.
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2011, 00:35:09 »
If it's a patch to update the game, from 1.75 to 1.85 or 1.96, whichever. All you have to do is download the patch from the internet. There should be an operation flashpoint icon to download it and it updates automatically.

If it's a patch problem, open your game, look to see where it's at now 1.75 or 1.85, 1.90, it goes from 1.75 to 1.96 from what I recall. If you are at 1.75 you have to download it in sequence from 1.75 and up. There is also a final version patch for 1.96 that goes there directly from 1.75 if you want to go that route. The game should not be missing any categories in the interface of the game. Unless it was designed that way which would be odd.
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline Skyborn6

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2011, 15:33:39 »
First off, thanks for the help  :good:  :clap: second, problem solved after going onto the desert island and playing mission? Dont know what happened but now up and running and can now start mission editing, again thanks guys for the input.
Beginner

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2011, 20:56:50 »
If you are unsure if you have a legitimate copy of the game, you can be sure that you may encounter even more problems down the road. The game can be bought for less than 10 U.S. dollars now on Amazon.com plus shipping. You can obtain any of the Patches here.

It's just not worth using a pirated copy(IF, that's what you suspect you have), especially if you intend to connect to online play.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2011, 21:15:10 by savedbygrace »

Offline Skyborn6

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 15 Mar 2011, 15:00:58 »
I purchased one from a California based company and one from a Ohio based company, the one from Ohio seems to be working properly after three reinstalls and the patch added. Have run several trial missions and a couple of glitches have shown up, but nothing out of the ordinary, still havent figured out exactly what or "if" I did anything to solve it :dry: But I can now edit and play. Looking forward to uploading future missions for you guys to pick apart :) Now can you direct this poor misguided to the solved button which I cannot locate  :confused:
Beginner

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Re: OPFPGOTY [SOLVED]
« Reply #10 on: 21 Mar 2011, 04:29:09 »
Hey! I'm having problems with my ofp again! Now the command SideChat and sideRadio don't work, when I put this command this sideChat "text", this don't appear. and If you add custom sounds, I can't see it, and I get this message---> Radio message "Radio01" not found and I've put the sounds in the sound file, and I've configured the descriptio.ext

i'VE SOLVED THIS PROBLEM....  :D

Cheers,
Aldo15
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2011, 05:09:19 by Aldo15 »
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
Re: OPFPGOTY [SOLVED]
« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2011, 19:01:33 »
Very weird. I have OFP :GOTY (the one that has Red hammer) , and scripting worked just fine