Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP problems  (Read 5115 times)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
OFP problems
« on: 11 Jan 2011, 01:12:24 »
I don't know is happening with my OFP (Version 1.96). When i  start playing mission, be it a campaing, single player or in the mission editor, the game begin to become slow. The way to return to normality is paused and stop
playing at least one minute. Really i don't know what's happens with my version? Because the earlier version (1.30), worked perfectly me and i passed it, despite the fact that i created missions with many soldiers

~Aldo
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: OFP problems
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2011, 02:08:49 »
It might be that your video card is reaching its end. It could also be that the hardware needs a good dusting on the inside of the case.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2011, 09:37:59 »
Sometimes, it can also be caused by the fragmentation.
Use softwares like Defraggler to defragment your harddisk.

(If you can't wait for long time, do a Quick one.)

Even if this don't solve the problem, you should re-install your graphics driver (or update them to the latest one)
Another idea is to re-install OFP, which might solve the problem.

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2011, 17:10:00 »
The PC is not the problem, because I played almost 45 minutes the OFP version
1.30 and did not turn slow, then I played the version 1.00 and also went
normal. I think it is version 1.96 I've to use the defraggler and UNINSTALL  ofp v 1.96.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2011, 17:19:28 by Aldo15 »
My OFP stuff
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2011, 17:21:55 »
As a small suggestion: if your PC cannot handle OFP at v1.96, you need to upgrade your PC. :P

Keep in mind that by downgrading, anything you make at versions lower than v1.75 have the ability to play out drastically different when played at versions that are higher than it. Plus, most people still playing OFP only use v1.96.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2011, 17:31:37 »
Are the requeriments of the version 1.96 are not the same for all version? or v 1.96 need higher requeriments?
Also the first time you install it worked perfectly. I don't know what happened  :dunno:, could it be that i have dowloaded many addons? :dry:
My OFP stuff

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2011, 18:28:15 »
Resistance (v1.75) came with engine enhancements that did indeed create higher system requirements. They stayed the same after that.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jan 2011, 01:30:29 »
well here are the requirements for my PC, let me know if they are needed:

Operating system: Windows XP Professional
DirectX version: 9.0
RAM: 1GB
Processor: Intel Celeron processor 550  (x86 family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1)
Processor speed: 2.0 GHz, 533 MHz, 1MB L2 Cache
Up to 252MB Mobile Intel Grapic Media
Accelerator x3100
HDD: 120GB

I tried to do what he said "haroon1992" but the problem persists

at first the game worked, now it becomes slow. It is the only game that behaves that way. Because I have Counter-Strike 1.6 , earlier versions of OFP and work well

~Aldo
My OFP stuff

Offline Lenyoga

• Professor of Misanthropology
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jan 2011, 15:34:38 »
I had the same problems with ofp (GOTY 1.96) on my old PC. Earlier versions worked fine, too.

Version 1.96 seems to have issues with certain graphic cards which occur some time after installing the game. It started with slowing down (also thought it was the addons - it wasn't!). The last thing I remember is textures blacking out and other weird stuff.

Upgrading you PC most likely won't help. Maybe someone knows which graphic card is compatible with opf 1.96. Maybe BIS knows?
As a grandmother I've got lots of gold.

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #9 on: 16 Jan 2011, 18:10:22 »
Upgrading his PC certainly will help, he's running on a crappy integrated graphics card. Those are meant for 2D display, not 3D games. Buy a... PC, that's a little more modern, because if you're having troubles running OFP then you know your PC is severely outdated. ;)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jan 2011, 18:43:52 »
I think (and that means I can be wrong :P ) he's using a laptop which usually can't be upgraded and judging from the hardware it's probably a netbook and I'm pretty amazed he can run OFP with it at all..
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2011, 18:46:37 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #11 on: 16 Jan 2011, 19:10:43 »
It's true. I am using a laptop, but the laptop does not play ofp?  ???
My OFP stuff

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #12 on: 16 Jan 2011, 19:15:54 »
It can play OFP, as you can see, just not very well. It's a pretty weak laptop and probably, as h- said, a netbook, therefore it's not designed to do much outside of running Microsoft Word. ;)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jan 2011, 19:39:03 »
Ah ... but does this include all the laptops?, or just my PC  :dry:
My OFP stuff

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #14 on: 16 Jan 2011, 19:57:22 »
In general laptops are not meant for gaming although they might have enough power to manage some games somewhat decently. As with all computers it depends on what kind of hardware the laptop uses, in your case it seems to be quite low-end stuff.

Sadly these BIS military games are very hardware hungry.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.