Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Altitude bug - helos cannot fly above 150  (Read 1294 times)

Offline MattyDienhoff

• Members
Altitude bug - helos cannot fly above 150
« on: 28 Sep 2010, 11:18:12 »
I've got one strange issue on my hands. If I start the game and go straight into the mission editor, place a helo (any helo) and fly it around, I can ascend to very high altitudes, 1000 and above. Of course, that's normal.

This is where it gets weird, if I play any official mission, I find that I can't fly any higher than 150, they simply will not ascend any further than that. Weirder still, if I play such a mission then exit it and play a non-official mission in which I usually don't have this issue, the problem then occurs there too. From then on, even if I go into the editor and fly a helo, I can no longer ascend above 150. Once I've played any official mission (whether it features helicopters or not), the only way to get it to work properly again so that I can ascend above 150 in a helicopter is to shut the game down and start it up again.  ???

Strangely enough, if I dePBO any of the official missions in question, and run the mission in the editor, it works fine, I can fly up to much higher altitudes, but if I rePBO it and run it, the issue crops up again.  :dunno:

My game is Resistance v1.96 and yes, I am using mods (ECP, DXDLL, llaumax skies, and a bunch of addons). They're not causing the issue, because I removed them all and the problem still occurs.

Mind you, this problem isn't new to me, I noticed it long ago but at the time I thought it was just a quirk with a couple of the missions, I now know it's more significant than that and it's really beginning to annoy me. I hate mysteries. If you have any insight into this matter, please, do tell.   :)

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
Re: Altitude bug - helos cannot fly above 150
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2010, 00:18:54 »
No clue man, I never noticed that. I will have to check it out sometime. It sounds pretty bizarre.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but honestly I never noticed that.
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2010, 03:22:54 »
I just attempted it myself. There are only to official SP helo missions. Ground Attack, I was able to ascend to 2200 meters with no problem. Ground Attack 2, I was able to ascend to 2100 meters with no problem. Tried it in the editor before and was able to climb to 2500 with all choppers. Tried it after and was able to climb the same. A-10 has 10000 capability and becomes difficult to balance speed and altitude gain above that.

I have noticed in games that AI will not fly above a certain height. You can also not seem to force a heli to flyinheight above 50, even if you setpos this there first.

Never seen what you're speaking of though. Sorry.

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2011, 20:41:29 »
Like the Royal Canadian Mounted Police :cop:, OFPEC always gets the answer ... eventually.

The issue arises after playing a mission (or possibly even a campaign) in Cadet mode. To cure it, simply begin a mission, any mission, in Veteran mode and then exit back to the main menu.