Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: will camera.sqs work in MP?  (Read 1393 times)

Offline ryguy

• Members
will camera.sqs work in MP?
« on: 13 Aug 2010, 18:49:31 »
Hey all,
So I've scripted cameras before in SP but there are two pretty obvious limitations of it. 1, Once it's stopped it can't be brought up again and 2, It has to start at the beginning. My question is how would I script a camera (stationary) to start when a player walks up to a certain position and activates it via scroll menu and then deactives when he presses escape?
Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I can clarify as necessary.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: will camera.sqs work in MP?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2010, 12:10:36 »
Though I have never tried camera.sqs in MP, I see no reason why it shouldn't work. Other camera scripting works for sure and I have used it many times in MP. Regarding your question I'm not really sure what you want to accomplish. Do you really want to use the built in camera.sqs (with the crosshair for targeting) or do you want a custom camera script?

Camera.sqs can be terminated by the player through pressing "esc", but a custom camera script will run until it is over, the player wont be able to control its termination, except maybe through a complicated script, dialogue or similar.

To start camera.sqs on a player far into the game just place a trigger:

Radius: 50
Activation: Anybody Present
Condition: player in thislist
On Activation: player exec "camera.sqs"

Should do the trick...

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline ryguy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2010, 18:00:47 »
Alright, thanks for the help but I just need it to do something a bit more complex than that. Basically, I want the player to walk up to an object or area, and get a scrollwheel option with something like "View camera", which brings them to view the camera. Since it shouldn't be able to be moved, it would be a scripted custom camera which I already know how to set up. Then, when the player is done they press esc. and are brought back to their camera.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2010, 19:29:58 »
If you want the player to be able to exit by esc, I believe you need a dialog, which is not my strongest side.

There are tutorials and masters of dialog's out there.

Good luck!
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.