Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Beginner tutorial: Missing images  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Spudgunner

• Members
Beginner tutorial: Missing images
« on: 07 Aug 2010, 19:17:43 »
Hi
I'm trying to follow the Beginners tutorial but all the graphics are missing.  In many cases the graphics hold key infomation that's not written in the main body of text.  An example would be the Trigger chapter: Autosave trigger where the necessary code is only available from the missing image.  ???

Also, most tutorials relate to older titles.  ArmA 2 or OA, adds new editing features that the older titles lack. It's a shame really, as this will put many people off editing and OFPEC has always been the foremost editing resource.  :weeping:

Does anyone know how to make the triggers for autosave and endmission work in this chapter?  :dunno:
Thanks.

EDIT: Just saw a similar post to mine below that says someone is working on this.  Good News!   :clap: But the last update to the post goes back to 13th February.  :confused:

EDIT 2: I just read about the server  crash where a lot of files were lost.  I hope there was a backup. I guess that's the reason for the slow repair for this tutorial.
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2010, 20:50:31 by Spudgunner »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Beginner tutorial: Missing images
« Reply #1 on: 08 Aug 2010, 10:51:36 »
The images were lost for the former tutorial. We've got a newer one in the works that covers all three BIS titles and is taking quite some time to work in among RL obligations as well as other site duties. I am hoping to get working on this again asap because I know there are folks out there that could use the visuals. Thanks for your patience in this matter.

Offline welsh1970

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2011, 19:29:01 »
Is there an update on the new version of the beginner's tutorial coming soon please?

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2011, 23:49:58 »
Hahahahahahaha..........hahaha..................................haha........ :weeping:

This is such a difficult subject for me. It has not been forgotten, in fact, it has been on my mind quite a bit lately. The problem is that the sample missions are on my other computer which went down last year. I am hoping to get hold of those files to finish them soon. Sorry for the long delay.

Offline qba69

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2012, 18:01:45 »
Any chances to see those missing pics?

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2012, 19:44:51 »
Those images have been lost but we're working on a new tutorial with new images and content to release as soon as we can get it to a presentable stage. Sorry.