Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP Coop 1-8] Operation Night Sting  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Roe

• Members
[MP Coop 1-8] Operation Night Sting
« on: 02 Aug 2010, 03:31:23 »
Author: Roe

Version: 1.0

Required Addons: Group Link 4 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8849

Mission Description: One Army Fire Team of 6 men and a Sniper/Spotter team assigned to destroy a captured UAV, enemy anti-air radar, and a truck. Also assassinate an enemy Colonel.

Features: Kronzkys UPS Script is used, as well as Wolffy's random house positions. GL4 is used to spice up the AI. I put in a little intro.

Known Bugs: No bugs found by me yet... however I wasn't able to do extensive tests.

ChangeLog: First version released now, no changes.
                  Version 1.0: First version released.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?b1boyvbbldud97d ~~EDIT~~ New upload removing the unit used for testing. 08/03/2010 ~~EDIT~~

This is my first mission put up here on OFPEC and I would like to thank all who help me out with this right off the bat. I know you are taking your time to do this and I truly appreciate it. I would like feedback on any bugs that are found, as well as any tips of what I might be able to do to make my mission better. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2010, 15:15:21 by Roe »

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
Re: [MP Coop 1-8] Operation Night Sting
« Reply #1 on: 03 Aug 2010, 06:20:58 »
Hi Roe,

Congrats on posting your first mission.

I gave it a whirl in MP but with only me playing.  Liked the intro music, and the briefing is nice and clean.

Saw I spawned solo, so I guess there's no AI on my team.  Ok.  Just decided to rambo it in a HumVee to take a quick look see.  And I think you may have put this mission out with setcaptive = true for the player (for testing probably).  No one would shoot at me.  Stormed the airstrip.  Hosed everybody.  Nobody shot back.  Shot down the chopper and objective one is complete.

Cruised to town and disembarked.  Shot lots of enemy...no one shot back.   The enemy AI Chopper paratroop reinforcements worked well.  Searched the town for the truck but never found it.  Could not see it from the tower.   Only saw two enemy on roof tops (could be more interesting building placement).

Loved the radio chatter.  Where did you get it?

Anyway, your mission looks interesting, but got bored when no one shot at me.

Fix that, and I'll try it again if I have time.

Good luck, and welcome to the wonderful world of mission editing!
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Roe

• Members
Re: [MP Coop 1-8] Operation Night Sting
« Reply #2 on: 03 Aug 2010, 14:52:12 »
Thank you very much for giving it a go. Hm.... Yea I do use a setcaptive true character when I am testing so I may have left him in there on accident when I saved *face palm* lol. I have run through the mission many times solo and the enemy definitely kick my butt when I am by my self so I know with the normal units, the enemy definitely fires back.

I'm not sure if I have the blufor AI disabled in the description or not, but i'll check and if they are turned off, if I turn them back on, will it make it so the server can choose what to use?

The truck in the city of Rasman is there, it spawns at one of i think 9 random locations in the city, sometimes it's hard to spot because it might be in one of the like fenced in compounds or out on the outskirts of the city, plus its got camo on it, so it really blends in well. I've drivin around in circles in that city before not able to find it, then I would and I must have driven past it like 5 times previously lol.

Plz give more details on what you mean by more interesting building placement.... anything to make the mission better is worth it to me.

Radio chatter.... I believe it comes from the GL4 mod.

Thanks again for givin my mission a go and I will jump in the editor right now and look it over to see if I can find that setcaptive true turd hiding somehwere in there and post up the new link lol. Thanks!

~~EDIT~~ Original post has updated download link now. ~~EDIT~~
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2010, 15:21:33 by Roe »