Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Project : UK Forces  (Read 54709 times)

Ferret Fangs

Re:Project : UK Forces
« Reply #30 on: 12 Nov 2002, 22:28:43 »
Duh... Kilt's of course! ;)

Eviscerator

« Reply #31 on: 12 Nov 2002, 22:55:15 »
well, ive seen quite a few photos with their trousers around their ankles and they are bearing their arse  :o
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2002, 22:56:16 by Eviscerator »

Dkraver

« Reply #32 on: 13 Nov 2002, 00:19:51 »
About the Para's i know there's a lot of legends and stuff about them and the red beret, but wouldnt it be more realistic having them with helmet on and maybe the beret folded under one of the shoulder straps for insignia on the shoulder??

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #33 on: 13 Nov 2002, 01:16:44 »
In a combat situation berets would be a definite no-no, but quite a lot of the activities that the british army undertakes these days (peacekeeping, police actions etc.) are relativley "high visibility" operations and as such the berets are often worn.

A Paratrooper from the 1st Battalion Parachute Regiment leads a column of soldiers up the Kacnik pass.

Royal Marine leads a patrol in Presevo Valley,Kosovo

@Eviscerator: interesting you should pick the Royal Anglians. they are the Regiment that i am supposed to be applying to.

Eviscerator

« Reply #34 on: 13 Nov 2002, 02:49:58 »
i picked them because my dad serves in them :)

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #35 on: 13 Nov 2002, 10:55:44 »
I reckon this could be a good idea.
You make an infantry model with a helmet, then make some other infantry models with the beret and no cap badge.

For example, Grey Beret for The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards and Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps.

No cap badge just the beret. Make each colour the British Army uses, so people can play as whatever regiment they want without you the makers making so many.

If your interested in knowing the other berets and their regiments/corps ask me, ok?

Bibmi

« Reply #36 on: 13 Nov 2002, 15:38:59 »
Regarding Berets, helmets and such...here's a tentative breakdown of whats planned...

1. Royal Marines

- Beret (standard dpm)
                      - Beret ("50/50 dpm")
                      - Helmet ("50/50 dpm")
                      - Boonie (standard dpm but without the simulated jacket)

2. Paras

- Beret (standard dpm)
                     - Beret (dessie dpm)
                     - Helmet (standard dpm)
                     - Helmet (standard dpm, bergen, and other jump equipment...these will be the units that can be selected as parachute units)

3. RAFreg

- Beret (standard dpm)
                    - Beret (dessie dpm)
                    - Helmet (standard dpm)
                    - Helmet (dessie dpm)

4. Regular infantry

- Helmet (standard dpm)
                   - Helmet (dessie dpm)

and I like the idea of posibly adding an assortment of different colored berets without insignia...

The SAS and SBS have a variety of different unit models and assorted equipment...

For the SAS I was thinking...

Standard dpm (rolled up-sleeves...although this effect lead to some strange gaps in the wrist area which I can't seem to resolve...) without any headgear

Standard dpm (woolly (sp.) cap, bergen....)

Dessie dpm (rolled up sleeves, no headgear)

"50/50" dpm (simulated jacket, head-wrap.....)

Black counter-terroism uniforms

SBS

Standard dpm (boonie hats, bergen and odd bits of divegear)

Wetsuit

Dessie dpm (boonie hats, bergen and odd bits of divegear)

Again these are just tentative and not set in stone...I have the models for most of these completed...its just a matter of finishing the textures and adding additional components to some of the models....

And the bergen issue....It can be made to look bigger but I decided to keep it this size due to model considerations...any bigger at its starts to cut through vehicles...stick out too much in a firefight, etc...Its a compromise between having the units wearing a "bergen" but due to the fact it can't be discarded in a firefight I've chosen to keep it smaller than the real thing.... :)

Bibmi

« Reply #37 on: 13 Nov 2002, 15:39:21 »
Regarding Berets, helmets and such...here's a tentative breakdown of whats planned...

1. Royal Marines

- Beret (standard dpm)
                      - Beret ("50/50 dpm")
                      - Helmet ("50/50 dpm")
                      - Boonie (standard dpm but without the simulated jacket)

2. Paras

- Beret (standard dpm)
                     - Beret (dessie dpm)
                     - Helmet (standard dpm)
                     - Helmet (standard dpm, bergen, and other jump equipment...these will be the units that can be selected as parachute units)

3. RAFreg

- Beret (standard dpm)
                    - Beret (dessie dpm)
                    - Helmet (standard dpm)
                    - Helmet (dessie dpm)

4. Regular infantry

- Helmet (standard dpm)
                   - Helmet (dessie dpm)

and I like the idea of posibly adding an assortment of different colored berets without insignia...

The SAS and SBS have a variety of different unit models and assorted equipment...

For the SAS I was thinking...

Standard dpm (rolled up-sleeves...although this effect lead to some strange gaps in the wrist area which I can't seem to resolve...) without any headgear

Standard dpm (woolly (sp.) cap, bergen....)

Dessie dpm (rolled up sleeves, no headgear)

"50/50" dpm (simulated jacket, head-wrap.....)

Black counter-terroism uniforms

SBS

Standard dpm (boonie hats, bergen and odd bits of divegear)

Wetsuit

Dessie dpm (boonie hats, bergen and odd bits of divegear)

Again these are just tentative and not set in stone...I have the models for most of these completed...its just a matter of finishing the textures and adding additional components to some of the models....

And the bergen issue....It can be made to look bigger but I decided to keep it this size due to model considerations...any bigger at its starts to cut through vehicles...stick out too much in a firefight, etc...Its a compromise between having the units wearing a "bergen" but due to the fact it can't be discarded in a firefight I've chosen to keep it smaller than the real thing.... :)

ZIKAN

« Reply #38 on: 13 Nov 2002, 17:46:24 »
Ok thats cool about the Bergen being smaller, it makes sense due to the modelling considerations.
However I'd like to suggest something else, The issue Bergen has to large side pouches on the side that can be zipped off and attached to the yoke of the webbing to make a very good day sack. They sit side by side (like a jet pack) or you can just use one of them on its own. They are a good size for patrolling with.

Dkraver

« Reply #39 on: 14 Nov 2002, 00:51:53 »
Great idea Zikan. Would be much better for the game than bergens since all islands arent bigger than there wouldnt be any reason for long range patrols where all you stuff is needed exept for when changing positions or special forces. We use the same system in the danish army. Also when i where in bosnia we had one of the pouches mounted on our webbing with 3 x 1/2L water bootles, 2 american field rations, blanket, extra ammo, and some other stuff if we had to abonded the vehicle for reason or another.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #40 on: 14 Nov 2002, 03:08:44 »
Bibmi for the SAS, what Weapon will u be giving them? also could we have a desert SAS troop with headscalf like the ones we saw on the News when they were in Afghanistan

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #41 on: 14 Nov 2002, 10:51:12 »
also could we have a desert SAS troop with headscalf like the ones we saw on the News when they were in Afghanistan

A Shemagh?, I think that will be the ""50/50" dpm (simulated jacket, head-wrap.....)" that bibmi mentioned

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #42 on: 15 Nov 2002, 10:36:32 »
Could I request to have an SAS soldier to have a DPM peaked cap please.

Bibmi

« Reply #43 on: 15 Nov 2002, 13:45:28 »
For you screamingeagle_101, no problem..... ;D

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #44 on: 15 Nov 2002, 15:30:38 »
I am really looking forward to these as my base is presently overrun with medics wearing glasses, nothing wrong with that but they all clones........
CBF Shipbuilding