Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Project : UK Forces  (Read 54706 times)

screamingeagle_101

Re:Project : UK Forces
« Reply #45 on: 16 Nov 2002, 11:56:15 »
Thanks m8  :D

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #46 on: 16 Nov 2002, 15:37:51 »
Just a quick note to say that we now have a website @ http://www.freewebs.com/bibmi/ with a few new screenshots etc.

let me know if i have made any really obvious mistakes

Vade_101

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #47 on: 16 Nov 2002, 22:59:11 »
Just looked at your site.
Great work.
Also I notice that your using the OFP Fortress SA80,  but what are you going to do about the LSW? Ask OFP Fortress to make one?
And the US M240 MG is a US adaption of the FN MAG otherwise known as the L7 GPMG.
Thinking about making a request to Taiwan Workshop to make a GPMG from from their M240?
Just some ideas?
Anyway keep up the good work.  ;)

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #48 on: 16 Nov 2002, 23:45:35 »
Cheers.

As i understand it FatJoe is going to make a few of the weapons from scratch for the pack (im not totally sure which ones tho)

i have done an LSW the only problems are (a) its not very good and (b) i dont know how to do textures :) so the sooner we get a new one the better. on the plus side however the .cpp does work pretty well, so adding a new model wont be too trickey.

And if we were 'shopping' for a GPMG i actually rather like the Korps Mariners Mod's FN-MAG (http://mods.kmarns.net/).

Frosty

« Reply #49 on: 17 Nov 2002, 03:46:44 »
Hmmm, don't forget, the regular rifleman comes first ;D so don't leave him out! Glad to hear your gonna include regular infantry as well as all these paras and marines :D

Mr_Shady

« Reply #50 on: 17 Nov 2002, 20:31:05 »
I hope that someone starts making UK tanks, because then I can badger people to make KRH tankies  ;D My dad drove the Scorpion then the Cheiftain in the 14/20th Hussars (what is now the Kings Royal Hussars) so I've got my little heart on some of those blokes for OFP. To make it more realistic though, you'd need a custom RTM to replace the walking anim with a drunken slouch ;)

I think that the Royal Green Jackets would be a good choice for an addon, they've got plenty of history. Oh, and the Gurhkas! Now we've got O2 we can make the wee ickle guys  :D Not that I'd call any of them wee or ickle to their faces, I don't want to get decapitated with a Kukhri  ;)

Stu35

« Reply #51 on: 17 Nov 2002, 23:15:04 »
The Queens own Highlanders or the Ghurkhas - they are the two regiments of the line that you could offer some variety with, the Highlanders have special berets (because we were the best damn regiment in the world, when i was one at least),
And i know that people say you wouldnt go into combat with a beret - well we did, very few had any faith in the helmet, they tried to show us it worked by firing at it at point blank, but the bullet tore through - with an SA80, so it didnt do anything to build our confidence.

of course if you were to arm them with SLRs as well that would be nice (stupid Nato taking away our only means of defence), but i suppose i can always do that meself.

Anyway here i am rambling on as if you are doing them, which you aint - let me get back on to my point:

Highlanders forever ;)

And then there is the Ghurkhas - i love those lads, some of the stuff they do is quite amusing, but there is no one i would rather have had in a trench with me, and i would have apreciated a company of those lads when we were in northern ireland - they would have scared the evil IRA bastards into the sea, where they belong.
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2002, 23:17:32 by Stu35 »

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #52 on: 17 Nov 2002, 23:32:08 »
I hope that someone starts making UK tanks

I have 40quid (pound sign on my keyboard doesnt work), maybe you could chip in and we could pay/bribe someone to make some ;)  We need the tanks

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #53 on: 18 Nov 2002, 00:28:18 »
Stu 35, are you sure the Kevlar helmet wasn't an introduction version?

I've read in the book Immediate Action by Andy McNab. He says that this Counter terrorist expert within his squadron was testing the new kevlar armor, he put on Kevlar vest told someone to shoot him, he did with a 9mm and survived, then he put on the Mk6 "experimantal" kevlar helmet, told the same person to shoot him on the head! The guy with the gun said f**k that!" and didn't shoot him. A week later the Regiment recieved a letter from the company, saying did they like the kevlar vest, and intoduction Mk 6 helmet!
The helmet had the look, weight, and feel of the real version, just NO kevlar! Imagine if he had shot him!

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #54 on: 18 Nov 2002, 00:58:04 »
Also you wanted the regiments and their beret colours.
Well here they are

Grey Beret - Royal Scots Dragoon Guards
                 Queen Alaxandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps

Brown Beret - The King's Royal Hussars
                   The Royal Wessex Yeomanry

Khaki Beret - All Regiments of Foot Guards
                  The Honourable Artillery Company
                  The Kings Own Royal Border Regiment
                  The Royal Anglian Regiment
                  The Prince of Wales's Own Regiment of Yorkshire
                  The Green Howards
                  The Duke of Wellington's Regiment

Black Beret - The Royal Tank Regiment

Rifle Green Beret - The Light Infantry
                         The Royal Green Jackets
                         The Brigade of Gurkhas
                         Adjuntant General's Corps

Maroon Beret - The Parachute Regiment

Beige Beret - The Special Air Service Regiment

Light Blue Beret - The Army Air Corps

Scarlet Beret - Royal Military Police

Cypress Green Beret - The Intelligence Corps

Tam o' Shanter - Majority of Scottish Regiments

Corbeen - The Royal Irish Regiment

Blue Beret - All Other Regiments

I got all this from "The British Army - a pocket guide 2002-2003" by Charles Heyman, lots of info on the British Army for only £4.95.

You addon makers that are in this project and live in the UK I suggest you buy it or at least look at it.

Hope this "long" post should help you out with a couple of things.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #55 on: 18 Nov 2002, 01:02:01 »
@ Screaming Eagle 101

Yeah, that's one of my favourite bits of that book  ;D. Either that or the bit about prawns in the boss's shaving stick... now there's an idea  :D

I have no faith in any military helmet. It's not there to stop a bullet really, it's just there to stop particularly pointy air molecules from getting you in the bald spot.

Granted, I've only worn one once, and I've never been in the military, but after seeing a guy, at fifteen metres, put six .38 pistol rounds through an old car door at my Dad's mate's gun club, I doubt that a little tin hat would stop a 9mm slug at any range... 9mm's a child's round!  

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #56 on: 18 Nov 2002, 03:21:44 »
US PASGT helmet will stop 9mm. It's supposed to stop Russian 7.62x39mm, and 5.45mm, but I wouldn't want to be the bastard to test it.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #57 on: 18 Nov 2002, 07:51:19 »
awhmm,, ferret fang... I think you're talking about the US SPECTRUM WARRIOR Helmet.  Now that one will stop a 9mm.  But deffinitely not the 5.56mm ammunition nor the 7.76mm... it will go through the helmet and hit the inside of it and stop.  My cousin is in the US Infantry and during training the captain or some guy demonstated the power of the M16A2's 5.56mm round and the ammunition just went right through the "PASGT" helmet and out.... it didn't even slow the ammo.  But my dad tried shooting the spectrum Warrior helmet with a 9mm and a .45 kal and it didn't go through it.  It stoped in the first layer (that was pretty cool though.)  But I heard the 5.56mm will go through it. The Spectrum helmet is used by the cops and SWAT Teams because most of the bank robbers and bus jackers and those criminals only use a small fire arms  like 9mms and 45 cal.

The US Intercepter body armor, which is provided to all the US Marines, and Army infantry men, with the carbon ceramic or carbo something plate will stop a huge AK 47 rounds (7.76mm.)  I watched it in the history channel... the old mail call guy really shot the AK-47 round, 3 rounds only a little bitty black spot on the vest......... holy crap huh?

Talking about the mail call, how many of you guyz saw the more "updated" land warrior system?? It got dang small you know? The first one they introduced like 3,4 years ago was something like 70 pounds all together?? Now it is only 12.5 pounds and all those computer systems and the battery systems are just in a 2, 10cm box.  I especially loved that flip up & down eye monitor stuff... that thing got more small and with a higher resolution,,, the riffle's camera, infrared scope and all those stuffs got smaller to... just with a flip of a button, the camera image will go into your eye monitor..  I hope I'll have one of those by the time I graduate from college or the military academy... oh sorry, the post is going off topic... I apologize.

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #58 on: 18 Nov 2002, 11:58:26 »
added some new weapons pictures (courtesy of the ever talented FatJoe) to the website (http://www.freewebs.com/bibmi/pics.htm)

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #59 on: 18 Nov 2002, 16:28:46 »
Looks good.  :D