Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Scrolling up at screenrefresh bug  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Lone~Wolf

• Mission Tools & Mods
  • Members
  • Vladimir Dmitri Mikhail Andreevich Stamenov
Scrolling up at screenrefresh bug
« on: 06 Jun 2010, 12:27:21 »
Now, I don't know how many people also suffer from this, but when I'm posting and I write more then about fifteen lines of text, suddenly OFPEC tries to scroll up in my text box. It does this every screenrefresh so that I can't see what I am typing because this website is so determined to prevent me from doing so.

I have to resort to typing what I want to say in a notepad file, then cutting and pasting it into the text box here.

What's going on?
Snarling creature, lurking in the background, still writing in .sqs

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Scrolling up at screenrefresh bug
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2010, 13:14:17 »
Well, um, whenever I refresh my screen (press F5) when typing, then yes: it reverts the box back up to the top. But why would I refresh my screen in the middle of writing?  :dunno: It doesn't do it while I'm writing anything, that's for sure. Browser issue? Firefox user here.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jun 2010, 02:42:43 »
When I used explorer version 7, I had upgraded to version 8 and it introduced that flaw on the forum without the refreshing bit. I reverted back to version 7 and it went away. I have since stopped using Explorer(after using it for nearly a decade faithfully) because it just has too many problems. Not sure if it was because I refused to upgrade to version 8 but there was no way I was going to that version again. My wife was running version 8 and it got to the point where she couldn't even display some websites that she favored. Every update seems to introduce more frustration. Firefox runs like a charm (so far). I've been using it now for about 3 months I think. And I installed on hers about 5 months ago. Both run fine now. Try it out, I have both installed in case Firefox has limits (none of which I have seen yet). But you may enjoy the lesser frustration.

Offline Lone~Wolf

• Mission Tools & Mods
  • Members
  • Vladimir Dmitri Mikhail Andreevich Stamenov
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jun 2010, 20:40:16 »
By the way Wolfrug, by screenrefresh I meant every time the monitor updates at umpteen hertz. I would personally call F5 the program update key, which corresponds to the file manager, browser or simply sprays doctor pepper in your mouth (hence why it's called "Refresh"  ;) ).

Apologies for the confusion, I think savedbygrace got what I meant.
Snarling creature, lurking in the background, still writing in .sqs