Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Looking for a fire script (of the burning variety)  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Ding

• Contributing Member
  • Jurassic Park
Looking for a fire script (of the burning variety)
« on: 22 May 2010, 14:56:00 »
Does anyone know of a simple burning script available anywhere? Im making a mission and I want a vehicle wreck (which is a static object) to appear on fire. I couldn't find one anywhere, so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appretiated.. preferably one that works along the lines of me putting [this] exec "Fire.sqs" in the init line of the object.

Thanks, -ding
"If I remain lost and die on a cross, atleast I wasn't born in a manger"

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
Re: Looking for a fire script (of the burning variety)
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2010, 15:20:17 »
Are you perhaps looking for something like this or this? The latter apparently requires a small addon included in the package. The first one should be a simple executing script, though.

Does it work? :)
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2010, 18:25:40 »
I recommend General Barron's Fire Effect script. No addon required.

Offline Ding

• Contributing Member
  • Jurassic Park
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2010, 11:00:09 »
thanks for the replies guys, Big help. I'll have a look at all of them and see which works best for what I want. Preferably the ones without needing an additional addon, though I'll take a look at that one too  :good:
"If I remain lost and die on a cross, atleast I wasn't born in a manger"