Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Getting error at mission start, but then when I hit preview again I see my addon  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Meatball0311

• Members
I made a simple model of a radio and after searching the forum came up on a old topic that showed me how to make a config.cpp and model.cfg for it.  However when I launch the mission I get an error, but then when I press preview again it starts and I can see the object in game.  This is the error in my arma.rpt file:

Warning Message: No entry 'model.cfg/cfgSkeletons/rum_prc117_sincgars.skeletonInherit'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: No entry 'model.cfg/cfgSkeletons/rum_prc117_sincgars.isDiscrete'.
Warning Message: No entry 'model.cfg/CfgModels/rum_prc117_sincgars.sectionsInherit'.
Warning Message: No entry 'model.cfg/CfgModels/rum_prc117_sincgars.sectionsInherit'.

This is my config.cpp
class CfgPatches {
   class rum_prc117_sincgars { //name of the addon
      units[] = { //units which will get added
         "rum_prc117_sincgars"
      };
      weapons[] = {};
      requiredVersion = 1.03;
      requiredAddons[] = {}; //addons which are required when using your addon.
   };
};

class CfgVehicleClasses {
   class RUM_PRC117_SINCGARS { //Creates a new group under which it will be visible in the editor
      displayName = "RUM PRC-117 SINCGARS";
   };
};

class CfgVehicles {
   class NonStrategic; //loading old class for inheritance
   class rum_prc117_sincgars : NonStrategic { //inherits Flag from FlagCarrier
      scope = 2; //2: Visible in the editor | 1: Not visible in the editor | 0: Not visible, can't be used for inheritance
      accuracy = 1; // never recognize
      vehicleClass ="RUM_PRC117_SINCGARS"; //->CfgVehicleClasses
      displayName ="RUM PRC-117 SINCGARS"; //name of the object
      destrType = "DestructNo";
      model = "\rum_prc117_sincgars\RUM_PRC117_SINCGARS.p3d"; //path to the binarized model
                armor = 25;// strength of wall also effected by weight amount in geo lod
                mapsize = 2;// size of icon when placed in editor
   };
};

this is my model.cfg
class cfgSkeletons
{
 class default;
 class rum_prc117_sincgars : default
 {
  SkeletonBones[]=
  {

};
 };
};
class CfgModels
{
 class Default;
 class rum_prc117_sincgars : default
 {
   skeletonName="rum_prc117_sincgars";
   sections[]= {};
   class Animations
   {

};
 };
};

can anyone see my errors?

UPDATE:

I think I may have corrected my model.cfg, because I am not getting any errors ingame or .rpt.  However two things that I have noticed:

1.  I am new to this and kinda figured out .nohq, .smdi, and rvmat files last night so this might be because of this, but it seems that my object cannot be placed on things... ie... desks, buildings, rooftops.  It just goes straight to the ground.

2.  Also which this kinda points to rvmat is I can shoot right through the object, basically it is hollow.  I have a geo lod in the model. So I dont know what could be causing this.  Maybe some pointers on rvmat... I guess the material for the radio would be plastic.

I will repost the fixed model.cfg incase that is where the problem is:

class cfgSkeletons
{
    class Default
   {
      isDiscrete = 1;
      skeletonInherit = "";
      skeletonBones[] = {};
   };
    class rum_prc117_skeleton: Default
    {
        skeletonInherit = "Default";
      skeletonBones[]={};
     };
};

class CfgModels
{
    class Default
   {
      sectionsInherit="";
      sections[] = {};
      skeletonName = "";
   };
   class RUM_PRC117_SINCGARS: Default {
   };
};   
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2010, 00:16:46 by Meatball0311 »

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
1.  I am new to this and kinda figured out .nohq, .smdi, and rvmat files last night so this might be because of this, but it seems that my object cannot be placed on things... ie... desks, buildings, rooftops.  It just goes straight to the ground.

Have you got a LandContact Lod with 2 or more Verts to dictate where the model will touch land when initialised ?

2.  Also which this kinda points to rvmat is I can shoot right through the object, basically it is hollow.  I have a geo lod in the model. So I dont know what could be causing this.  Maybe some pointers on rvmat... I guess the material for the radio would be plastic.

The material file is placed on the FireGeo Lod ,this is usually a carbon copy of the Geometry lod , make sure you define all the components in both Geo and Firegeo lods, tab > structures > find components ( these components must also be convex.

again place (cloth/brick/metal/.rvmat ir which ever)material.rvmat on firegeo ,if no material file is placed then the default ,stone rvmat is appled
I love ofp

Offline Meatball0311

• Members

Have you got a LandContact Lod with 2 or more Verts to dictate where the model will touch land when initialised ?

I duplicated my geo lod then erased all points except for the base. (4 points).  It seems not to be working right.  Can you explain a little more on LandContact LOD's?

The material file is placed on the FireGeo Lod ,this is usually a carbon copy of the Geometry lod , make sure you define all the components in both Geo and Firegeo lods, tab > structures > find components ( these components must also be convex.

again place (cloth/brick/metal/.rvmat ir which ever)material.rvmat on firegeo ,if no material file is placed then the default ,stone rvmat is appled

can you also explain this a little more?  I am still not too sure about how to exactly make .rvmat's.

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus

I duplicated my geo lod then erased all points except for the base. (4 points).  It seems not to be working right.  Can you explain a little more on LandContact LOD's?
this will explain it better.
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/LOD#LandContact
 Plus here
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Oxygen_2_-_Manual#LandContact

Also you can define a contact type in Geometry lod Properties (look at Placement section)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Oxygen_2_-_Manual#placement

can you also explain this a little more?  I am still not too sure about how to exactly make .rvmat's.
well you dont have to create any you can use any of the 30 that BIS have in the CA/DATA/Penetration  folder and simply link to correct typpe you wish.
 Basicly you apply the rvmat on the face or faces in your Firegeo LOD that you wish to have the properties of Metal,glass,cloth ......etc

RVMAT look like this  it simply points to a Bisurf file.

Code: [Select]
surfaceInfo = "ca\data\Penetration\leather.bisurf";
 and the Bisurf file  in this case to represent leather  looks like this :

Code: [Select]
Density = 200;
rough = 0.1;
dust = 0;
bulletPenetrability = 100;
soundEnviron = "Empty";
isWater = "false";
friction = 0.7;
restitution = 0;
impact = "default_Mat";
soundHit = "body";

I love ofp

Offline Meatball0311

• Members
Thanks for those links they have helped me out.

Question about Geometry LOD

It says that if a Fire Geometry LOD is not present, that the Geo LOD will be used instead.  So do I have to have a Fire Geometry if I have a Geo LOD?

Basicly you apply the rvmat on the face or faces in your Firegeo LOD that you wish to have the properties of Metal,glass,cloth ......etc

how do I do that?

UPDATE

So I have decided to work this project as three seperate addons.  1) RUM_PRC117_SINCGARS 2)RUM_RUCKSACK 3)RUM_PRC117_RUCK. 

I am currently focusing on the standalone radio addon RUM_PRC117_SINCGARS.  And there seem to be two problems I am having.

1)  I can walk right through the addon

2)  I cannot place it on top of desks, buildings or anytype of structure.

I was told that I would need a Geometry LOD that would consist of an object (box) inside the addon named Component01.  That I have to give it mass(Alt-M) in kg (7.212).  That it must be closed (alt-A select object structure> Topology> Find Non-Closed) and that it needs to be convex (Structure> Convexities> Find Non-Convexities) then to close them (Structure> Convexities> Convex Hull).  It also mentions that the Geometry object needs to be at least 0.5 thick ( that should be the z axis... correct?)
Anyway the unit is still walking right through the addon.

and this is a screenshot of my Geometry LOD in the work area in O2

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/Meatball0311/RUM/screenshot.png

Do I need a Fire Geometry LOD if I have a Geometry LOD?

Now for my landContact LOD  I placed one vertices at that bottom of the radio and named it "landContact01".

here is a screenshot of the LandContact LOD in the workarea of O2:

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/Meatball0311/RUM/landcontactLOD.png

My question is how would I get the addon object to be solid and how can I get it to be placed on top of desks?
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2010, 17:20:15 by Meatball0311 »