Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Am I being dumb here..? Mission Editor shroud.  (Read 1911 times)

Offline 999chris

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Am I being dumb here..? Mission Editor shroud.
« on: 14 May 2010, 01:30:26 »
LOVED OFP:CWC+Expansions.

Just bought ARMA 2 off steam. Gone to the Mission Editor and half the map doesn't show up. I can only play with the bottom right corner, is this a feature that the developers put in. Or what?

Offline Inkompetent

• Members
Re: Am I being dumb here..? Mission Editor shroud.
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2010, 02:39:58 »
Never heard of this problem before. What map is that on? Utes or Chernarus? And could you please describe the issue more in detail, or even screenshot it?

Offline 999chris

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2010, 15:35:28 »
All the area to the north and east is seemingly unusable?

Offline F2kSel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2010, 15:52:55 »
That's just how it is,  I would have preferred it to have been an Island as I find coast line more interesting.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2010, 17:02:23 »
Yes, basically - those areas are randomly generate endless grass plains :) Fly over one someday, it's...very boring actually. For some reason when zooming out all the way they become sort of visible, but when trying to zoom in on them again they just kind of disappear. Don't worry about it though, it's meant to be that way.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2010, 16:51:51 »
It's actually not a bad concept. Leaving terrain open to land like that allows for more flexibility when creating background stories. Aside from that, it also gives you plenty of room to build your own base or city.

Offline 999chris

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2010, 17:04:48 »
Hmm, I suppose.

Bit of a shame though, I almost feel like I've been cheated with the size of the map(s) with ARMA 2. At least with OFP you had Malden, Everon & Kolgujev. I can see why they've done it,.. but the landscape shouldn't end until another coast is reached, silly. Oh well. Operation Arrowhead should expand our options :)

Offline Inkompetent

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2010, 20:57:18 »
Well, if it's not to end until you hit another coast they'd have to make entire Europe. A taaaad too big!

Still, they say the map is 225sqkm, and that's what it is, not counting the grass plain area outside of the map boundaries :)