Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Squad commands not working - OFP GOTY 1.96  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Bavvo

• Members
Squad commands not working - OFP GOTY 1.96
« on: 09 May 2010, 14:30:22 »
I have reinstalled OFP on my new pc, but am finding it buggy. When I am squad commander I find after I issue a few squad commands, they stop working. Usually after 4 - 5 commands it just seems to get stuck, and after that I can't control the squad anymore. If I quit the mission and resume, sometimes they acknowledge and obey the last command I issued, but then I still can't issue any more.

Anyone seen this before?

ASUS A3M72-D
AMD Phenom II 3.4Ghz quad core
8 GB RAM
Dual Nvidia 8800 640MB
Vista Ultimate x64
ASUS A3M72-D, AMD Phenom II 3.4Ghz quad core
8 GB RAM, Dual Nvidia 8800 640MB, Xonar D2X
Vista Ultimate x64

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Squad commands not working - OFP GOTY 1.96
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2010, 17:16:46 »
You sure this isn't related to the old "oh, I'm not in command anymore" bug, which however should only happen in select missions. Basically, when you order them to e.g. return to formation, will your guy say something like "All, follow 2!" instead of "Return to formation!"? In that case, just tell them you're 'done' (umm, can't remember the exact numbers, but it's basically in the "reply" menu I think, where stuff like "injured" and such are as well) and you should get your command back.

That's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise, corrupted installation, reinstall?

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Bavvo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2010, 00:48:54 »
No its not that (I know what you mean), it's definitely a hardware problem. Actually I think its narrowed down to my Audio card, a Xonar D2X. With the card installed the commands seem to work as normal up to a point, then 'stick'. Sometimes pressing escape briefly will cure it. Or aborting/resuming the mission (At this point a backlog of commands all play out rapidly). Disabling the card allows the game to play faultlessly, but minus sound.

I have also noticed a similar audio problem with another old game, severance, also related to the soundcard.

Quite frustrating, as it messes up gameplay totally.
ASUS A3M72-D, AMD Phenom II 3.4Ghz quad core
8 GB RAM, Dual Nvidia 8800 640MB, Xonar D2X
Vista Ultimate x64

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2010, 16:37:15 »
Well, then it is obviously not OFP that is buggy if your card duplicates the situation for other games. Its a compatibility issue and it sounds more like the fix would be on the card end as BIS offers no new fixes for the game. Just know that some new hardware often does not work with older software. I hope you get it worked out.
Closing.